Blurred vision

Sorry if I am coming accross as a hypochondriac of late but I am worried.

Lately I have been getting blurred vision, could this be due to the cortisone cream I have been putting around my eyes for Eczema? It's only 1% and the doc said it would be ok. I hopefully wont be using it on my face again.

I also had a dizzy spell yesterday, everything went black and I was spinning out but didn't fall over.

I have really good eye sight but lately not so good. Do you think I need to get my eye's tested? Or see my GP? I just think it's weird how I have perfect vision and lately it's gone blurry and fuzzy.

I'd go to the GP. When it comes to my eyes, I don't like to wait around trying to figure out what it is. My eyesight is bad as it is...adding anything else just freaks me out. Better to be acting like a hypochondriac than just brushing it aside in case it is something.

check blood sugar, too. i have a friend that noticed he was getting blurry vision on occasion but let it go. at 29, he went legally blind from complications from type 2 diabetes.

Not to panic you, but I also heard blurred vision is a sign of diabetes/prediabetes. Are you more thirsty than usual or go to the bathroom frequently? That is another symptom.

The thing is, you never know. Several of my very close friends have diabetes of different types. Normal, healthy young people can get diabetes. I'm not saying that's what you have..but have you had a regular check up recently?

I eat healthy and am not obese (yet) so I don't understand if it's possible. I will ask my doc on Wednesday, I am worried now.

Sorry if I am coming accross as a hypochondriac of late but I am worried.

Lately I have been getting blurred vision, could this be due to the cortisone cream I have been putting around my eyes for Eczema? It's only 1% and the doc said it would be ok. I hopefully wont be using it on my face again.

I also had a dizzy spell yesterday, everything went black and I was spinning out but didn't fall over.

I have really good eye sight but lately not so good. Do you think I need to get my eye's tested? Or see my GP? I just think it's weird how I have perfect vision and lately it's gone blurry and fuzzy.

The dizzy thing could be caused by anxiety over worry about your eyes. I have actually fainted at home when I realized I had an infection. I have a severe phobia about doctors offices.

Hi Wila, before you rush off to a Doctor's office and pay for pills or prescription glasses that you may not need, I would like to share something with you for your consideration.

One of the things I have been studying for quite some time, is the human ego. When we think of our 'ego', we are generally referring to an inflated 'state of being', such as an 'over-inflated ego', whereby one becomes egotistically arrogant or is living a life of self-fulfilling grandiosity, for example.

Although those are typical signs of ego at work that we have come to recognize, our ego is rooted much more deeply than what appears on the surface like that and can be potentially deadly to ourselves or others.

Ego itself can actually cause the temporary blurring of vision to otherwise healthy eyes, it can cause panic attacks and it can cause fainting in response to something we perceive as undesirable.

To keep this in a nutshell, ego will always try to make you fail. In the case of blurred vision, if you are paranoid about going blind, ego will focus on the eyes like a bratty little kid will focus his annoying behavior on the thing you hate the most.

If you are reading something in a book that will advance your knowledge in some way, ego will cause blurring of vision in an attempt to 'deny' you from learning, through hampering your ability to read the words clearly. When the book is put down or you give up on learning, quite often the vision will become clear again because ego has succeeded in controlling the outcome. It is all about denial because self-denial is a function of ego.

Quite often in association with blurred vision, ego will cause excessive and almost uncontrollable yawning to occur in a most inappropriate place or at a most inappropriate time of day, especially when you are not at all tired. This is often seen in a business meeting where people don't want to be there. Sudden yawning will often occur just prior to giving a speech when your ego tells you that you don't want to do it. These two cases are almost always associated with a sudden deterioration of vision, making it difficult to read notes or quickly find written references.

If you look back over the last 12 months, you may be able to pinpoint something that ego is using to undermine or manifest your peace and state of well-being, such as the economy, war, potential job/income loss, etc...

Archived