On a break but wanting it to work

robinskiz2

So 2 weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. Basically everyone around us has been pressuring us to get married and he's starting a new position and is very stressed out. He loves me and wants this to work (we have been together for 2 years). We actually talked about all of this, but I am wondering how often should I call and should I ask to meet for dinner. When we talk on the phone (once a week now) we both say we miss each other and I love you before we hang up. I don't want to scare him by calling a lot and respect his space but how much time should I allow? I don't want to lose him and I know he feels the same way.

Thanks...

have you broken up or just on a break.

Eitherway you need to just let him have his space, see if he genuinely misses you. Make it seem he is losing you if he keeps you waiting. If he wants to be with you he wil be worried you are moving on. Start going out with friends and doing a few things. Dont answer every text or call from him.

Just a warning that a break in a lot of cases is the early stage of splitting up, so be prepared for the worst just incase.

How long have you been on this break? if he calls once a week at a set time then next time dont answer. make it seem you are busy and not wating about for him

Well, I'm not really sure. He said the point of this break was to focus on himself for a while and that he wasn't seeking out to meet another girl or hook up. He's a very independent person so I have to believe this... but if someone comes along for me, I'm not going to sit around and wait for him to make up his mind.

I guess we are on a break. I last heard from him last Friday (this Saturday it will be 3 weeks since we "broke up". The only contact I had with him- I sent a text asking if he'd finish the football poll that I sent him and send it back because it is due next week. But that is it!

I know it could potentially be the end of us and haven't been calling him. I think once fishing season is over (he's an angler) he'll start to think about us and if he wants this to work sooner rather than later.

I have been keeping busy and going out with friends. My life doesn't stop just because he's not around anymore!

So 2 weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. Basically everyone around us has been pressuring us to get married and he's starting a new position and is very stressed out. He loves me and wants this to work (we have been together for 2 years). We actually talked about all of this, but I am wondering how often should I call and should I ask to meet for dinner. When we talk on the phone (once a week now) we both say we miss each other and I love you before we hang up. I don't want to scare him by calling a lot and respect his space but how much time should I allow? I don't want to lose him and I know he feels the same way.

Thanks...

Who is everyone around you pressuring you to get married? That decision belongs only to you and he, the rest be damned.

Archived