Why do we do this? I don't get it...

There are some things that I just don't understand after a break up. Why is it that we see the prior relationships thru rose colored glasses?

My ex and I were together for almost a couple years. I know all the things that wouldnt make our relationship work. The last couple months we had been bickering over the smallest things. I know thats a phase every relationship goes through, however the way she handled disagreements drove me crazy. It would be held onto for HOURS. These aren't arguments, these are things that just bugged her that she wouldn't let go. Would rather fight then let it go. When we got past it our relationship was great.

She also had alot of insecurity issues. My prior relationships, how outgoing I am, etc. These are all issues that were really taking a toll on me throught the relationship. However, now it really picks at my thoughts. I find myself questioning what happened to end the relationship. For some reason it bugs me that I haven't heard from her. I have no intentions of contacting her, but the way things completely flipped from being best friends to nothing really gets to me. More annoys me than anything. I haven't talked to her since the second week in June. A week later I sent her an email to get some of my things back. To which I got no reply. I treated her very well as she did me. Now I kinda feel like, what did I do to warrant no reply about my things? It was an odd break-up. I really dont know who to call the dumper.... During our argument she kept throwing in the "Maybe you should find someone else that isnt so sensitive..."

I told her to leave all that talk out of it unless thats the outcome she wants. She made another few comments and finally I said fine I'll drop your things off.

I dunno, jus kinda typing stuff out to vent...lol

I guess thats just how it goes. I remember so many times during the relationship saying to myself, "Maybe this should just end. Maybe now is the time to get out. There seems to be so many issues that are out of my reach that need to change and be handled differently and they don't seem to be progressing..."

Ah the joys of relationships ending....

I guess thats just how it goes. I remember so many times during the relationship saying to myself, "Maybe this should just end. Maybe now is the time to get out. There seems to be so many issues that are out of my reach that need to change and be handled differently and they don't seem to be progressing..."

Ah the joys of relationships ending....

See man exactly... you just have to remember that that person wasn't the right one you knew that already and you wanted to get out but didn't want to be alone and didn't, but now that it ended against your will you feel bad.. because you weren't ready. Love is an addiction that's all it is and just like anything you will only really quit when you want too. That's why it's easier on the person doing the dumping, they are ready for it.

It's like heroin haha (never done it!) very hard drug to quit, but people do it all the time.... when they are ready. Pull that * * * * from under them when they aren't ready and they will have horrible withdrawal symptoms. Just like love

So to get over any girl or guy is not hard at all, just takes some inner strength to find that little confidence inside to tell you get up and go somewhere fun and find something new to get addicted too (another girl or a guy!).

Archived