Can't Escape the Friend's Zone!

JackJL

Okay, so I've known this girl for about 5 years now. We've always been great friends and she's usually been dating someone else throughout these 5 years. We now live in separate cities, but still talk frequently. I've always felt it could be something more and it always feels like it's just on the fringe of getting there... Well, last weekend I took her to a wedding as my date and I had an amazing time with her. Shes seeing a new guy but it didnt seem to make a difference. When it came to a time where I could have made a move, I didnt out of respect for what she's got goin on, and plus I don't live where she is.

Now, I can't get her out of my head. That weekend just proved to me more than ever that this girl blows me away. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I just feel like its the one that got away. I'm not sure of my best approach. Thanks, J

Hey, and welcome to ena.

I think all you can do is tell her.

If she's not interested it might freak her out, but she should know you well enough to feel flattered and get past it.

But what if she is........

Maybe she's just been waiting for you to do something. You'll never know if you don't ask.

I told a girl my feelings for her recently and she said she only saw me as a friend, and I felt my heart sink.

Closure is the best thing, cause you can move on knowing you did everything you could. But I would wait 'til shes done with this guy just because telling her now could ruin your friendship. But if your willing to risk it I'd say gor for it!

Archived