ok you know how your hymen is just a stretchy ring surrounding the vagina? ok well i think mine just tore a bit, because its still connected just a little bit, but its still a ring form. so it really hurts because it gets tangled around my tampon and its a big hassle. anyone know what to do? again, i cant go to a doctor.. anyone??

• 4 weeks later...

that didnt really help.

think of it as a small ouchless elastic just hanging there attached. its annoying, because the tampon goes through fine because of the applicator, but it cant come out bc the 'ring' is too small. sometimes i just get so frustrated i jsut want to cut it, but i know i can't. any ideas? i need help so badly.

do u know how this happenend?? b/c i dont quite understand how it can just allt he sudden rip..that is unless..well intimacy with a guy who was fingering u heavy petty or i DONT KNOW..are u a virgin? or was it just because the tampon was to big? well lemme kno and dont think of it as me being a b**** thats to nosey lol..im just wonderin cuz im good at serchin for stuff but i need a pacific reason why it tore in the first place??

yeah my ex-boyfriend was fingering me. i never noticed it before, and afterwards i did. its just part of the elasticy ring of the hymen just tore off somehow. i have a high threshold of pain, so i didn't really feel any discomfort or experienced any bleeding. im really worried.

theres an actual way to reattach it ! yikes lol. ive nevr had sex but isnt that what happeneds when u lose it? its normal for non-virgins but i unno girl..dont worry bout it to much.

u may just have what are known as vaginal tags -- vestiges of the hymen that occasionally tear and bleed. These can be easily removed by a doctor, but if they're not causing u too much grief, it's not necessary

thanks, that helped so much!! do you think if i go to a gynecologist, maybe she'll just remove it? bc i dont live with my mom and me and my dad aren't close and i think it'd be so weird if i had to tell him if i needed to get surgery or anything like that. would it be a simple procedure?? and insurance would cover it right?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am 19 and I am not a virgin, however, I have the same exact problem with this so called "ring." I first noticed it Thanksgiving 2002 and I didn't understand why it was so difficult to get my tampon out. I mentioned the situation to my gynocologist last visit, but she said she didn't notice anything abnormal, and it didn't happen again until today (3/23/04). Luckily, I figured out what had happened and didn't play tug of war and injur myself (sorry to be so graphic), but I am afraid of this becoming a continual problem, and not just with tampons. Yes, the applicator allows for the tampon to easily glide in, but then when you go to pull it out, the "ring" might get stuck on the tip of the tampon.

This is the first time I have tried communicating about this with someone regarding this problem, as I was unable to describe it to someone else, and I felt as if no one else has experienced it. I am so glad to hear that someone else has. I am going to try to schedule an appt. with my gyno to have it removed, as it is very annoying, but I'm afraid it will hurt. I am also wondering if I should refrain from sex until it is removed (well it doesn't matter this week since I'm on my period).

Have you spoken to anyone else about this, or found out what the medical term for this is? What has your gyno said about it (if you did in fact get it checked out)? Is it at all dangerous? Is it necessary to have it removed? What are the dangers of still having it? What is the procedure for removing the "ring," and is it painful? What caused this ring in the first palce? Please anyone, if you have any info., please post it. Thanks so much!