Having serious problems.....PLEASE HELP

Sotro

Ok I really love this girl and we've been dating for about 8 months now. For quite some time now she has been having serious serious mood swings. About 2 weeks of really really bad and then a week of really really good....Then i'll do something really small and it will just set her off. i cant hardly deal with this anymore and I want to know if its just a phase or if there is serious problems.

It sounds like some type of mood disorder... maybe she's bi-polar. I'm no doctor so I won't pretend to really know. It is treatable if she seeks treatment and STAYS on the medication despite the side affects...

Know this... she is the person somewhere in between the manic stage and the depression stage... She also did not ask for this illness (much like someone with cancer doesn't ask for it).

Even if she is going through an episode you have to realize that her brain is fully aware and conscious and she will remember how you treat her.

Many people with mental disorders go on to live normal lives with the proper treatment.

I used to have no compassion for people with mental disorders until I started dealing with them on my job and talking with them when they are not going through an episode. They have feelings and emotions just like I do and now I always treat them with dignity at all times. That's all anybody really wants.

Hi Sotro,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through some trouble right now.

Like Overcorrect I don't know what really is wrong. May be she should consult a doctor or psychologist to see what's going on. I would suggest YOU, though, to keep an eye on YOUR feelings. You cannot allow yourself to constantly walk on your toes over eggshells all the time, trying to avoid ticking her off. That's not fair towards you.

Vary sweet words with words of your concern and try to communicate with her about what her needs are and what she is looking for. May be she might see the light.

Good luck!!

~ SwingFox ~

dont worry its probably just a phase tell her about it . be like is everything ok cause u been acting strange. i get mood swings alot not like the ones i need to see a doctor about but people have their moments just like ppl have thier weeks . it'll pass just let her know wats goin on

• 2 months later...

My boyfriend goes through the same thing. But we know what's wrong with me. I am bipolar and on two medications a day. They REALLY help. Bipolar is this: say on a scale from 0 to 20, a 10 is normal. People like you and my boyfriend may dip down to a 8 or 7 if something upsets you, or something bad happens, or someone dies, etc. You may dip up to like a 13 or 14 when something really good happens.

Bipolar is a medical condition. I can't help my mood swings sometimes. Before medication I would dip down to a 5 or maybe a 1. Really bad! Sometimes you get highs, which could go to a 18 or 19. Great mood! Party time! Woo hoo! And then you come down off the high and you're back into a low.

I am on two medications, after seeing a psychologist, which help me to level out my moods. It helps out those lows a lot, but your highs aren't as high so I am a little more mellow than I would like to be.

I had a low today. My boyfriend lives an hour away and had spent the night last night. He was about to leave and I just started crying. He was like "what's wrong?" Cause we had just gone to lunch and laughed and then tickled each other to death when we got home. I told him that I didn't feel like he loved me anymore. He is used to this, so he just smiles at me, pulls me and hugs me tight, and told me "nothing could ever make me stop loving you. So you better smile cause you know I'm right." And he just hugged me for a long time. It takes a strong man to deal with that everyday, which you obviously are.

It's not something that I choose to have. I can't help it. If I didn't have this I would be a different person and Ryan tells me he wouldn't want anyone else than the person I am right now. It took me a long time to find him. I know how hard it must be on him, walking on eggshells around me all the time. More like walking on glass!

He says that if I didn't express my feelings to him, he would feel worse. He says that if someone if going to take care of me and be there for me, he wants to be that person. He likes that I need him there for me! We are planning on getting engaged soon, and I am so lucky to have this man as my future husband.

I would suggest to her to maybe see a doctor and see what he says. Taking a pill or two everyday is no big deal. Women take birth control everyday, so what's another pill? It has helped me significantly. Some days when I forget to take my meds, I see what I would be like without it! Scary! Just not how I would want to live everyday if I don't have to, ya know? Well, hope I have helped. Let me know how things are. Don't give up on her! I know how it is! Just be there for her. Let her know that you want to help her and be there for her! Good Luck!