This guy likes me and i really dont!!!

Ren

im having a bigish problem, theres this guy at my college who likes me, but i dont like him,but he thinks i do cuz of my annoying girlfriends who tease him about me.so wen he see's me avoiding him he thinks im playing hard to get, wen im really not1but to make matters worse he moved into my campus halls, in my same block, living in the same flat as a goodfriend of mine. so now wen i go and c my friend he thinks im seeing him.

i did make the effort twice to get to know him, but he's not for me, he's into all the things i oppose! but just as a friend thats fine, weve chilled, have the same tastes in sum music''s and films, but thats it. and though icant help it he makes me feel dirty even though we dont do anything.he also out of know where started to ask really forward questions, sum how he thinks that i like him and that i wanna sleep with him, im sorry but after one conversation when we dont even know eachother how cud he be so nasty, im not that kind of woman and i deff dont look or act like that!

so i suppose thats why i feel dirty, i did tell him if anything was gonna happen then it wud, but if it hasnt then it WONT! but then teasingly he still makes suggestions.theres no need for me to fly off the handle, but its like he's everywhere stopping me from finding my mr right, and i feel beeing around him is like some omen saying THATS ALL YOUR WORTH SO JUST HAVE HIM!

i wanna just get on with my life, but damn i cringe wen i think of the time i spent trying to get to know him as a person, which has now made me feel ugly, will mr right ever come along?!

If you want him to stop, as he is not getting the message from your current behavior, you need to deliver it another way. Tell him, firmly, calmly, in a nice manner, that "you know _____________, I think you are a decent guy, but I just don't see us together, or I'm not interested in you romantically.

And stop sitting around waiting for Mr. Right, go out and find him, then entice him into asking you out.

Hey Ren,

I would suggest being open and honest. Tell him that your not really intrested in him in the way that he's thinking by using the line that Beec suggested. By coming from you he will then understand that you mean what you say. I disagree with you there Music there is someone out there for all of us, we've just got to keep looking and those that give up easily well... there's not much to say really.

- whitefang

Just because you have not met the right person who your supposed to be with does not mean you can bring people down to your level of thinking. There is someone out there for everyone, fine nobody is right nobody is perfect but there is someone out there that when you meet you will consider them as the most perfect person when your in love that all that matters. Obviously you haven't met the girl that your supposed to be with and you have been rejected a few times but there is no reason to destory anyone else's chances or dreams of being with someone they care for.

- whitefang

I think what whitefang means is that although no one is perfect, there usually is someone out there that suits us. They are not perfect. They would not be right for you. But, they are right for us.

Sooner or later you have to accept someone as right for you with all of their faults, or you end up spending your life just dating or in relationships lacking in depth.

Im sorry but i disagree completely with what you both are saying. Obviously you haven't had that many successful relationships and you have been rejected, hurt and whatever and you haven't found the person your supposed to be with. Im sorry that the way you feel, i really am, there might not be mr or miss right (whatever you call it) but there is someone out there for all of us that will have the qualities that were looking for in a partner maybe not all the qualities but that's what makes a relationship fun finding out peoples good and bad qualities.

You can believe whatever you want to but im sticking to what i say.

- whitefang

There might not be any Mr or Ms Right but there is someone out there for everyone were just not looking hard enough. Someone out there has the qualities that were looking for in a partner and when you find that person and truly love and care for them the nothing else matters and that when people usually say that they've met their Mr or Ms Right or Soulmate. Everyone has their own standards or qualities that their looking for i agree you cannot get someone who matches them exactly the way you want but there are quirks in lovers relationship that some might find acceptable, torrable or loveable.

Im still sticking to what i've said, even if others think differently.

- whitefang

Actually, I think one of the things that people have problems with is not realizing that while the person they are with is not perfect or the ideal mate, they are Mr. or Mrs. Right or "Good-Enough."

David Robinson ("The Admiral") who plays basketball in the NBA dated a woman on and off not thinking she was good enough, not thinking she was Mrs. Right, not accepting her. Then one day it dawned on him that she just wanted to love him. They have been married for quite a while. When the person loves you and accepts you with your faults, then you need to consider whether they are really Mr. or Mrs. Right. If they are not, or you are not ready to accept them, then you are probably not ready for the right relationship to come along.