When it rains; it pours

gnarlyhoc

I have two girls i have been talking too. One i met in line while i was getting coffee, she seemed really cool. I met up with her again while i was on my way to class, and she gave me her number. She wanted to have dinner during the week. But i couldn't make it the first day, and every time after that she has "work to do". So i feel like i was getting stood up. One weekend we hung out and she came to my place we hung out for a while, then she started kissing me. I thought it was going better at that point. Then she wanted to have dinner the next week again, and i texted her later on and she said she already had dinner, but never told me. Sounds like she is just playing with my head at this point. She usually texts or calls me first, and wanted to go to dinner, but then she never goes. It makes it tough to hang out.

The second girl is about 600 miles away at school, and we have talked almost everyday. We had a relationship for a few weeks in May. But she was having troubling getting over her ex. I told her we can take it slow and enjoy the summer. She said she still really liked me and wanted to be over her ex. We hung out once or twice a week and talked everyday during the summer. I didn't want to start anything with her at the end of the summer because i knew she was going to be far away. But since we have both been back we have talked everyday. In the beginning it wasn't anything special. In the past few weeks she has been more flirty towards me. She sent me an email, and a letter. She also talked on skype for a few hours with me, and she would smile and just give me the impression that she was still interested. She was also asking me if i had another girl in a joking was. But i wasn't sure if she wanted to know if i was still single or not. Or if i moved on from her. But anyway, she wanted to watch a movie with me when she gets home. It sounded like a romantic movie, and im not trying to read to much into it, it just seemed interesting to me. I think im going to say something to her about a relationship over break. I don't want to start anything new if she is still interested in a relationship with me.

• 3 weeks later...

hm..

it sounds like you're a good guy. maybe a bit to nice though. there's nothing wrong with being a cool guy, who cares for the people in his life, but its a turn off if guys trip over themselves to please a woman.

I really respect you for being so fair with these girls. good man.

But what I'm saying is that you can be a good guy and still maintain your self respect, have standards, sometimes not do everything to make others happy. Be a leader, take charge. Its ok to be a man and part of that is taking charge.

I suggest you get out there and meet other girls. If the other girl gets back in touch with you or wants to come over for a movie, great. Consider not jumping in to a relationship with every girl you meet. So if she asks you if you're still single you can truthfully tell her that you are but that you're seeing some girls that may or may not become your girlfriend.

This is good for you, your self esteem and will also make you more attractive to this girl. Believe it or not, but as long as you're not a huge player girls actually are attracted to guys that have options. It makes it more valuable when you choose them, because you're actually choosing them, you're not settling because there's nobody else around. Its quite flattering.

Does that make any sense to you?

Archived