I'm thinking about doing it

justready2go

Because I'm tired of my life.. I'm 22 and incredibly unhappy with my appearance.

That's no reason to kill yourself. Just think of the people who will be left behind who love you.

What is it about your appearance that you don't like? Somethings can be changed, and sometimes we are much too hard on ourselves.

No one is perfect looking.

Youre probably better looking than my boss, I bet. I was ugly when I was 22 also. But I hung in there and now I feel alot better about myself. I didn't get plastic surgery or anything I just changed my attitude a bit. Try to look at the good side of things even if its hard. It takes practice.

I think you might be labeling yourself and its not worth ending everything. Have you ever seen what a decaying body looks like? Thats ugly. At 22 you can change greatly attitsude wise. I saw this girl three days ago whom I had not seen since she was 21, She is smokin! While she used to be a really skinny tom boy, shes still skinny, but grew out of the tom boy phase. At 22 you are over analyzing your appearance. Its not that bad I bet, Im looking at my boss and his bald chocolate chip head right now.

I agree with lionel that in our youth sometimes we overanalyze our appearance!

you know, some of my best friends aren't the prettiest or most handsome people out there....but to me they're the most beautiful, because of something that makes them completely them, of an amazing character.

Please don't let your life be defined by your physical appearance, there is so much more...

much love,

melly

• 2 weeks later...

I suffered from body dysmorphic disorder from about 16-22 years old. I wouldn't leave my bedroom at times. I was so self-conscious. I thought I was horrifically ugly. Although, unknow to me I was very attractive. I credit my cure to not looking at my reflection or image in either mirrors or windows for over a year. When in the bathroom, shaving, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, what ever needed to be done, I would only glance at my reflection, never really seeing a clear image. It went away. The things I thought were huge disfigurements I can't see them today. Just like no one saw other then me at the time. Once you break that illusion you have created in yoru mind then you need to tackle the reason you it was there in the first place. For me it was low self-esteem and personal hatred brought on by my family and experience. I wish you the best luck. Don't let something that isn't true ruin you. Take back yourself. Best wishes, I really hope the best for you.

Archived