I think the " time heals" mith is wrong

audrey

Time is not a healer perse...time sooths the pain...

True.

I have lost partners due to failed relationships/one marriage....and close family members who have departed this world....including a 7 year old brother tragically...

Time does not heal and time does not make one forget. However and given time, pain dulls and things do become far easier.

It just takes a longer time period for some to heal, than it does for others

Yes, it is indeed a myth. 6 months and it still hurts like yesterday.

6 months is not a long time and you are bound to be still hurting...

Took me a total of one year, to finally come to terms with the end of my marriage...

I think that you have to reach acceptance, before you can begin to heal.

He's left an empty place in your heart that you haven't figured out how to fill. Every time someone walks out of your life, they leave a hole in your heart. Some people leave a larger one than others, & everyone fills these holes in different ways.

In this case, I'm assuming you're like me--you won't be able to get over him until you eventually meet someone who makes you feel the way he did, & you learn to love once again. Sometimes a wound stays on our heart forever, & no matter how hard we try to stop loving someone, we can't. You just have to learn how to accept that it's over & move on. It's ok to love him, it's ok to occasionally remember him, but don't let these thoughts of him torture you or stop you from moving on...

... Sometimes a wound stays on our heart forever, & no matter how hard we try to stop loving someone, we can't. You just have to learn how to accept that it's over & move on. It's ok to love him, it's ok to occasionally remember him, but don't let these thoughts of him torture you or stop you from moving on...

Hi Psychgirly, although memories comes sometimes, deeply I'm sure I stopped loving him already, it's just that I miss him and I wished I could know if he's ok and that's cuz he was part of my life and it'll be impossible to take him all out of my mind. It was hard at the begginig and it took me a lot of time to accept that it's over for good. Actually the last time I felt down for this reason was the day I wrote this on ENA, but after reading such encouraging words from people here, I took the great decision to once for all change my attitude and bury all the sadness and pain that I've been carrying all this time. After more than year....about time right

I'll make sure I won't let thoughts of him torture me again, I can't do this to myself. I just wanna live happily no looking back anymore

i dont really know if time heals all wounds, because it's what you do with your time that helps you heal your wounds. If you start to think positive and surround yourself with people that care for you , then of course things will work out.

But if u keep thinking about your ex and having false hope, day in and day out, then it wont get you anywhere.

Time only heals all wounds when you make use of it because you only have a certain amount of time left in your life, best make the most of it.

Archived