Is this really petty?

Star14

Is it really petty on my part to feel bad that certain friends of mine didn't think enough to send me even a b'day card? I didn't want anything per se but I was hurt that my (25th) b'day didn't even warrant a card. Especially so cause these are friends for whose bdays I make a big fuss, go to their city, try and do something nice. Am I being really immature?

Maybe I am being overly sensitive... I don't know. But I sure was disappointed.

No, I don't think its petty to feel the way you do. A few of my friends and some family memebers thats right FAMILY didn't even say Happy b-day. It hurts a hell of a lot more when family doesn't. When I confronted them about it they said they forgot. How can you forgot someones bday? LAME. But whatever they apologized sincerely, so I forgave them. Although bdays aren't a very big deal to me, it still hurt none the less not to hear happy bday. If your really hurt then I would suggest confronting them. I said, "I felt hurt that you didn't wish me a happy birthday, what happened?" You can try that. GL!

The thing is: expectations = garenteed disappointment.

You should 'never' expect anything from anyone, it will save you a lot of disappointment.

And you also have to take in consideration the 'era' that you are in. With computers and technology people have become more strangers from eachother then ever before, although everyone can be reached by computer or phone, the social difference has become much greater,and people are extremely self centered and consumed into their own lives. It would have been better if everyone would reach out a hand, and love and help eachother. Anyway

image removed

Happy Birthday to you love =)

Thanks Xetra Dax, though my birthday's long past. You sound alot like one of my friends with the expectations and disappointment bit. According to him, if you don't expect anything, you don't get disappointed, but if someone does do something nice, then you feel nice. But I disagree- hell if you can't expect something from your friends- then who can you expect from?

Thanks Xetra Dax, though my birthday's long past. You sound alot like one of my friends with the expectations and disappointment bit. According to him, if you don't expect anything, you don't get disappointed, but if someone does do something nice, then you feel nice. But I disagree- hell if you can't expect something from your friends- then who can you expect from?

Are your friends dependable in other areas? Honestly, I am annoyed by the friends I have that never contact me except for when it's my birthday. That's not real friendship. I prefer the friends that are there every day.

Archived