Could He like me, or are we just Friends?

tiffany

HI, well I got a question. Last night I talked to my friend Josh online. I really like him and I was excited that he instant messenged me, b/c its been awhile. Well we talked for a long time and had a really god conversation. Usually its all me taklin, but this time it was both of us. I dont know if I'm looking into things too much, but he sent some weird signals that I could take as him liking me. But Im really really not sure, so I need some opinions.

Some of the things that happened, was....

- I said "if u get me started talking and telling stories I wont stop, so i guess i wont even start" he said " no tell me stories" and i said "well now u just put me on the spot" and he replied saying " yes i did now go ahead and talk away".

-He asked me to have a fight with him, so we started calling eachother names and stuff, i kno weird, but it was fun. lol And i coujldnt think of ne thing to say soi jsut said that ....its probly a good thing i cant be mean to him, and he said taht it actually was a very good thing.

- Somehow it came up that he was going to through me down a well ( it was in the fight lol and a joke ) and i said that i would bring him down with me. And he was just like "Nice!!!"

-Then i told him that there was this kid at school that looked like his friend, os i was wondering if his friend had a younger brother. He said that he didnt, and then he said....ooooo this kid is a freshman, that would be a quick hook up ( b/c everyone thikns his friend is hot ). And i was like EWW thats wrong, i would never. And he said, well what if the kid looked like me, u would right? and i said ..."of course" ( lol jk tho u kno ). And made a kissing smiley face. He said ...nice face. and i asked if he was making fun of me. He said no, its a nice face, your face, i like looking at it.

-Then in conversation i was like.....well whatever makes u happy....and he goes, ooooooh yeah baby thats what i like to hear.

Im not sure if this is just how he normally talks to everyone, or if he was just flriting. It doesnt matter to me i would be happy with being jsut friends, because i dont want to lose him in any way. I like him so much and would want much more than friends, but if tahts it, then its fine. I want to bring him to my prom, but im afraid to ask him. I still have a month or so to ask. but before i ask i want to know if he likes me maybe. I dunno tho so i need your opinions.

Thanks so much to everyone who read this and cares

~Tiffany~

Hi Tiffany,

It sounds to me like he was flirting with you. He might talk like that with other people (although i wouldn't of though) but as i said it does sound like flirting. If you like him, and your comfortable talking with him i would suggest asking if he fancies doing something after school or during the weekend (as friends). By doing this you can see what he's like with you, seeing if he gives you any signals that he likes you more than a friend.

I wouldn't get your hopes up to much (sorry to spoil) but just in case it doesn't work out the way you had planned (believe me this has happened to quite a few people i know). But just play it slowly and see how it goes.

Hope this has been of some help,

Best of luck .

- whitefang

Hey. First up, I'd like to welcome you to enotalone on behalf of everyone. I'm sure u've taken a nice step towards finding support and advice from many people of various ages from around the world which will be around for a while.

I don't like playin games and frankly just can't be bothered. If you can't figure out what she wants then question urself, what do you want.... it sounds like you want more.

Isn't life all about takin chances? you shouldn't think about things, just do it because you know, chances are you'll never be able to predict the future. But life's just too short, screw thinkin twice.

What if he/she's just feelin what u're feelin, someone's gotta spill it out sonner or later, sure u might screw ur friendship ova for a while but at least he'll kno and u might get a chance in the future. Like me, I was in the same situation and now me and my really good friend's togetha.

You don't really have a friendship right now, well not a deep bond yet so it's a great way of finding out things about people as when you're going out with someone, you learn so much more about them as you would friends, plus, what have you got to loose?

I think it's just you thinkin too much and worrying about things before they surpass but I suppose, sometimes people like to be prepared even though there's just way too many possiblities lol "ooh.. the possibilities" - some sorta toy ad catchphrase. Anyway, right back to this, even if u do worry, somethin else you might not b prepared for might occur, then wouldn't it have been a waste of time?

I think you should tell, coz you know it's definitely the best way i reckon. Because that way you wouldn't waste your time, if he says no, u'll know what he feels sooner and plus, even if he says no, at least he knows you like him and now so he could reconsider.

Don't think twice. Go for it. Like I said, life's way too short once you get down to it.

'luck

Happy Heb