A BEAUTIFUL voice.. options?

So I've got a friend, and she's got an great voice.

Is a small example of what she can do. Hell, in a studio, that would kick some ass.

But, she isn't able to write songs. So I'm thinking of finding her a song writer, to team up with, and take their talents from there...

Guess I'm asking what kind of communities should I be looking into, for anyone who's artistically experienced.

If you think she's that good, have her try out for American Idol. It's worth a shot.

I think that's a little too big. She'd need some training and such to work with that. I know of quite a few bands who hit it rather big, locally and provincially, without much else but a good manager.

Thing with her is, as I've said, she doesn't do lyrics. She can just sing, not write the songs.

she has a beautiful voice but she does need training... i was in choir for a long time... my teacher use to train Whitney Houston when she was younger. so... but american idol would be the best for her to get big... trying on your own and stuff is way to hard cuz i see a lot of people on myspace with music pages and stuff and i still don't see them being famous. it also depends on what she wants... if she really wants to be a singer then she needs to make the effort also.... or keep posting stuff on youtube works too lol.

I think that's a little too big. She'd need some training and such to work with that. I know of quite a few bands who hit it rather big, locally and provincially, without much else but a good manager.

Thing with her is, as I've said, she doesn't do lyrics. She can just sing, not write the songs.

She should probably work on trying to be a better songwriter.

There's a better market if she can write songs and/or play an instrument. She will also be taken more seriously by fans.

Your friend has a nice voice. Not a great voice, but a good voice.

Songwriting is a special talent, and not everyone has it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find a songwriter who wants to work with a singer.

Pass this on to your friend .. the one thing I noticed about the video is she wasn't singing to the audience, she was singing to the music in her head, communing with the music. One of the things she should strive for is to project the music to the listener (even if the listener is on the other side of a video recording), like an intimate dialog.

Best of luck to her. It's an extremely competitive industry. Most successful national-scale musicians tour 250+ days a year to get established.

Archived