So if I can't get a part time job...

I'm advertising my services doing uncomfortable spring jobs - you know, yardwork, painting fences, cleaning garages, etc - to sort of fall back on if my quest for a part time job doesn't work (I've got a million of these Plan B's, unfortunately none of them pay as well as an ACTUAL job

Here's the first draft of my flyer:

link removed

EDIT: Behold... the second draft!

link removed

Third, revised draft!

link removed

Rate the website, too, please!

I think you should wrap the text nicer. So its not ne-gotiable. Also don't get so specific on your jobs you can do because the more specific you get the more the potential client thinks you're limited to just that stuff. Whereas if you went vague and said yard and house work that could mean an array of things. Including everything you listed.

I think you should also set a target audience. Single moms and the elderly would seem like the most willing customers. ESPECIALLY old people. Old people LOVE kids your age doing hard manual work and not out smoking pot and drinking and causing havoc because they had to do labor when they were children and would respect you staying old fashioned.

EDIT: I like rep points

I think you should wrap the text nicer. So its not ne-gotiable. Also don't get so specific on your jobs you can do because the more specific you get the more the potential client thinks you're limited to just that stuff. Whereas if you went vague and said yard and house work that could mean an array of things. Including everything you listed.

I think you should also set a target audience. Single moms and the elderly would seem like the most willing customers. ESPECIALLY old people. Old people LOVE kids your age doing hard manual work and not out smoking pot and drinking and causing havoc because they had to do labor when they were children and would respect you staying old fashioned.

Aaaah, stereotypes... they come to the rescue again.

Thanks for the tips

Good title, but I think it would be easier to read your services if they were bulleted.

Also, I'm not sure if your hours available are necessary. Not a lot of people I know mow their lawns before 10am or after 10pm.

I think if you had tabs with your name and number, people could just rip one off. Some people might not be carrying a pen and paper or their phones with them.

edit- disregard my last statement if you're planing on handing them out.

Good title, but I think it would be easier to read your services if they were bulleted.

Also, I'm not sure if your hours available are necessary. Not a lot of people I know mow their lawns before 10am or after 10pm.

I think if you had tabs with your name and number, people could just rip one off. Some people might not be carrying a pen and paper or their phones with them.

edit- disregard my last statement if you're planing on handing them out.

Those are the hours when they can call... so for example they can't call me at 11 at night or 3 in the morning.

I would call it summer work, since it's almost summer.

I would phrase the text like this:

Need summer work done?

Call ilovethatguy!

For:

- lawn mowing

- weeding

- spring cleaning

- painting

... or any work you might need done around the house and yard!

Responsible worker, previous experience, available 7 days a week, flexible hours, pay negotiable

Contact me at:

Phone number

I would not put contact hours as people generally know what time to call.

To summarize: less text, just give the most important info

I would also not put things about them needing to provide the paintbrushes - you can arrange that on the phone and if they don't have the equipment then you can decline the job.

In general you should steer clear of any "negatives" - I find your ad as it is now too "picky", you sound like you have too many restrictions (hours and equipment)

Also I don't think paragraphs of text are a good idea, not very readable.

Archived