I know this sounds stupid...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have tried telling him that this is how I've always dressed and he didin't have a problem with it when we were friends. It just frustrates me when he keeps coming back with ...you weren't my girlfriend then, and I thought you gained some self respect when you got with me.

*Argh* TOAD...*sigh* You know that you are banging your head against a concrete wall with him on this topic.

HE sees "scantily clad" woman albeit it's only a bit of cleavage...and thinks with his * * * * . Let's face the truth...most men DO think with only one head. They can't help themselves that they have not evolved beyond that. it is also the influence women can wield over them, which drives them nutz...but that's life.

He measures his self worth/ image by the pretty girl on his arm. HOWEVER....that pretty girl has a mind of her own. He can't very well handle that now can he? The exact same thing which caused him to drool and chase after you like a dog in heat is that which he would like to "cover up."...LOL...but he can't. He doesn't own you. SO...what he does is cut at you with side swiping nasty comments that are designed to make you feel like crap. and it's working..

I HAVE self respect which is exactly why I would like to make my own decisions.

Precisely. You Already met him halfway...but it's not enough for Mr. IDecideYouHaveNO SelfREspect... which is HIS problem In his little head, he has now decided that women showing a bit of cleavage are not "respectable" or some such rot..it's all very illogical. As he was quite content with you before hand.

If it comes up again, which it probably will soon because he's always having digs about it, I'll tell him that I want couple therapy because I've said everthing I possibally can to him and it's got me nowhere.

Next time he comes up with that BS, tell him... You will GIVE him a reason to complain then promptly don something totally outrageous...because of now you are sick of his verbal diarrhea.

...and suggest counseling.

Archived