LOVING yourself

hey everyone.

i was wondering how true is this comment to you?

''you can only truly love someone when you have learnt to love yourself.''...?

1 i was wondering what it means?

2: why you have decided on it?

3: and as a final question do you love yourself?

if so to what extent? and has anything ever stopped you feeling that way?

thanks, and feel free to answer any if not all of the questions.

kel

I think it means that:

1 Once you've gotten to know yourself and how you work, you can relate to another person in such a way that you can share far more than you could with any "basic" friend.

2 I believe this because the one you love is the one you're going to be most intimate with, know how he or she works, and do your best to always make him or her feel good and after that, even better. Loving yourself and thus knowing yourself so good that you're secure in your person you can, by the aid of your beloved, experience even greater feelings than you first thought was possible.

And 3 I love myself and eventhough I am very shy around women before I get to know them, I like to think that what I've written above is a good way to achieve a good relationship.

''you can only truly love someone when you have learnt to love yourself.''...?

1: i was wondering what it means?

I think it means alot of things, first off that if you don't love yourself, then how can anyone else? if you don't love yourself then you most likely do not treasure or respect yourself and most likely have traits that personify that. Also, if you haven't learned to love yourself, the only person YOU KNOW you'll be with forever, then how can you learn to love some other person, who you don't know 1/2 as well as you know yourself. If you do not love yourself then you will not be able to receive love from other people, at least not in a positive way, I mean how could you respect someone who loves you, if you don't love yourself? Also by loving yourself you form a certain self-respect, confidence, which is an attractive trait for anyone.

2: why you have decided on it?

Because I have been in relationships where I didn't love myself enough, I allowed someone to hurt me because I didn't think I deserved anything more, because I know Im worth being in a relationship where true love can grow, mainly because not loving yourself is very scary.

3: and as a final question do you love yourself?

if so to what extent? and has anything ever stopped you feeling that way?

YES I DO LOVE MYSELF (as often as possible... hehe ) one of my favorite quotes "I want to run into my own arms!" (Jackie from 70's show) but I really do, honestly I wish I could meet more people like me. In the past I didn't love myself, I was embarrassed of who I was, don't ask me why, cause I can't figure it out! Not to say that I don't care and love other people, in fact I think the confidence loving myself has given me, has allowed me to be more open and vulnerable in my loving relationships, allowing them to grow.

Molly