So I've given up.

ilovethatgirl

I'm not sure this is in the right forum... anyhow I'll make this brief. Most of you are aware of my ongoing campaign to win over the Grade9 girl? Well... I've given up. Things were just too awkward between us when we both knew I was trying to "get her", as it were, so I told her I had given up - and did so.

So now I face a difficulty. I find myself, almost subconsciously, looking for a girl. You know the way I mean. And, unfortunately, one of her friends has my attention...

So I need advice. This OTHER Gr9 girl (*sigh*) is listed as Looking For: A Relationship on Facebook, and I'm afraid that if I wait too long someone else will come along. BUT if I move TOO soon, things will be even MORE awkward between me and the FIRST girl, and most probably very awkward with the SECOND girl.

The FIRST girl is moving in about a year, and I wanted to know if it is safe to wait that long. Should I wait for the FIRST girl to move? Or will the SECOND girl most probably be taken by then? Just to help out a little bit, the SECOND girl is rather attractive (geographically speaking) and is seen as passing strange in a few quarters. She is a strong believer in the whole "be yourself" thing.

Advice? Please?

There is no reason to wait for the "first girl" to do anything. You said "it's over". So since she's no longer involved in your life, you are free to do as you please. Get moving on "girl 2". Life is short, and the older you get, the faster time seems to fly by. No need to waste it.

I did not tell the first girl its over. I just gave up trying to get her, and told her I had done so. We are friends now, wherein lies the difficulty, because girl #2 is one of her best friends.

Yes, girl 2 being best friends with girl 1 definitely complicates the issue. That much said, I still say go for it with girl 2. If you wait someone else could snatch her up.

Archived