I don't like to be friends with men.

Deep Blue Sea

That's what sisters,female cousins,and Enotalone is for,I tend to agree with Deepbluesea on this one...and yes you can talk to close male friends about 'emotional' stuff...and also females you have no romantic interest in and vice versa.I was clear in that once there is attraction that's where things get sticky.

That's what sisters,female cousins,and Enotalone is for,I tend to agree with Deepbluesea on this one...and yes you can talk to close male friends about 'emotional' stuff...and also females you have no romantic interest in and vice versa.I was clear in that once there is attraction that's where things get sticky.

First, not everyone even knows about ENA. Girlfriends and male friends who are platonic are okay though? Then we AGREE, Le Dhuy. The OP was lumping all in the male gender together. That is what the title of her thread is.

I agree it is stickier if there is attraction. I would not tell a guy who I think is attracted to me in a romantic way all my lust feelings for some other guy. So that limits our discussion, for sure. But it depends on what you mean by "attraction." Someone might be attracted to you, but be able to just leave that baggage at the door when you are friends. I have a couple of male friends like this. If I said let's hop in the sack, they wouldn't ask any questions! And they say an innocently flirtatious remark every so often that they know will lead to nothing. But the friendship stands, and we are very easy companions, as this does not interfere to the point that it's all the feelings and interest are about. Some people are attracted but they don't NEED to have a romantic outcome come out of it. I would still be cautious though not to overdo it with rubbing anything in their face about the opposite sex.

I have one male friend though who gets around, if you know what I mean, so much, he could care less how much I tell him about a guy I like. Even though he really adores me.

Archived