I'd like to make more out of a friendly relationship.

Hey guys, I've got a friend named April (she is also a sohpmore in HS)-I met her about 3 1/2 months ago and we've been good friends since. She's the kind of girl that every guy is looking for, she's gorgeous, she has the most attractive personality of anyone I have ever met, she's funny, intelligent, sweet, sincere, modest, and is just someone who makes me feel like a better person (and I'm not exactly a stand up individual). Up until about two weeks ago I was absolutely content to be friends, I was just never really interested in her as anything more than a friend. However, the thought of her as a girlfriend is becoming more and more appealing every day, I'm getting more and more attracted to her every day. I'd really like to turn our friendship into something more, but I'm worried that I'll ruin our friendship by asking her out or making a move. Since I would really like to have her in my life for a few years this is not something that I want to risk.

I can't tell if she's interested or not (which is something I'm usually good at) simply b/c it's in her nature to lead guys on. She just can't help it because she's so sweet, the way she talks and listens always makes you feel like she likes you. I was wondering if any of you guys know anything I could do to make her more interested in me.

Thanks,

Brett

While there's no easy way to cross that 'line' between friendship and romance without the possibiltiy of hurt feelings (for either you or her), you might want to, in a low-key way, just say in private one day, 'If I were to ask you out one day, as more than just friends, would you consider it?' By doing so, I think you've done it in such away so as to not add drama to an already difficult situation, and would allow her to not feel pressured, thus giving her the chance to respond in an honest, meaningful and forthright way. Trying to take a friendship romantic is usually an all or nothing proposition, meaning that the chance exists for you to lose the friendship on top of not gaining the romance you're striving for. The only way to ever know though, is to try. Personally, I think it's worth the risk, rather than to sit back forty years later, regretting not making the effort.

Good luck!