How do I tell my Parents?

Well, I don't know how close you are to your parents. Do you typically tell them everything about the guys you are dating? If you are just getting ready to date this man I don't know that your parents have to know the details unless things get more serious.

Naturally your parents are going to be concerned because they don't want you to get hurt. Once you know this person better and if things continue on - then its probably time to bring it up with your parents. They may be upset at first, but hopefully over time they will get to know him and judge him on his merits instead of on his age.

That's going to be hard. My last girlfriend was 18 and I was only 20, and her parents though it was a big deal. What we ended up doing was I went and asked permission to date their daughter. It took a while to get an answer (things had happened with her last boyfriend), but the eventually said I could. The only reason they let her out of the house with me was because I asked their permission before we were dating. Things are a little different for you. The age gap is a little larger, but I don't think you have the same past the we had to get over.

Just realize its going to take them some time to get used to the idea. I would guess they will not be very receptive when they first hear the news.

You've got a pretty large age gap and you are still young. If you were 30 and he was 48 nobody would care. Just take it slow and reassure your parents and hopefully things will work out ok.

• 3 weeks later...