How should I get her attention?

RedPenguin

I just recently moved into a new area and every now and then see this girl that I am kinda interested in/curious about, I don't always see her though. I like listening to radio scanners and shortwave radios and the best area for me to do that is by going in to the woods and one of the easiest entrances to the woods, is by going right past her house. Now if I do actually see her out, she normally will be playing with some of the neighboorhood kids with badminton or playing catch. I tried to get her attention, but I am a tad nervous, especially with the kids around, because it feels like an audience is around me. I tried to slow down with my walking so that I don't just pass her again like I always did, but then I just felt like I was doing something weird and people are going to think why the hell is that kid just standing there like that, is he going to steal something? I tried to see if I could walk slow and she would take a look at me, and I could start trying to flirt, but especially with her playing with the little kids, it doesn't seem like she ever really notices me at all. I feel like I am just not there or something.

What should I do in this case? It's like I want to do this and that but it's like I get either scared or confused or both.

Hi.

Yeah, you have to avoid looking like a stalker for sure!

Maybe a simple "Hi, I'm [your name], I am new in town" and then just ask her something about the area or school or something.

A slick move would be to carry a badminton raquet with you.

How old are you?

Zack.

I agree with Zackinlaw, and the suggestion about the racquet is a fantastic idea. Just think, the minutes that tick away because you are to worried is another man's minutes to approach her. Either way, it's not like your losing anything if she isn't interested after introducing yourself. Everything to gain with nothing to lose, I take the odds. Just grab the confidence and get it done!

Archived