I have a problem, I only poo about once a week, and am also really overweight. I want to lose weight now, but ive been told me pooing that infrequently it means my matabolism is about as slow as a hybernating bear. How do i fix myself damnit this is getting ridiculous

I really don't think that how often you to go the bathroom has anything to do with your weight. Just talk to a doctor about your problem. Maybe some fibre supplements or other supplements can help you go to the bathroom more. There are lots available. But don't expect them to help you lose weight. To do that, you need to do more exercise and be careful about what you eat. Its easier for some people to lose weight than for others, but all can do it, including you.

I don't recommend smoking, unless you want to die of cancer or heart disease.

Pooing only once a week is a serious problem. You need more fiber in your diet to exercise your colon. You should poo about once a day and if you're not, then something is seriously wrong. Food high in fiber includes fruits and vegetables (the white stuff on oranges, the peelings on apples, pears, plums, cherries, and potatoes, and the seeds in strawberries). Almost all fruits and veggies are high in fiber. Some cereals that contain whole grain or oatmeal are high in fiber. Popcorn is high in fiber, granola bars are high in fiber, breads that are whole grain are high in fiber, seeds, esp. almonds have fiber. You should be getting 30-35 grams of fiber per day and if you are not, try to integrate more fiber into your diet on a daily basis, but do it VERY SLOWLY. If you don't, then you will have major problems pooing and I'm not kidding.

As far as losing weight goes, you need to restrict your calories and watch what you eat and integrate more activity into your life. If you have access to a gym I would go there to work out. Start taking the stairs instead of the elevators when you go into buildings. Park your car further from your destination and walk more. Go for a walk after dinner instead of watching television. I would recommend buying a pedometer and I'm sure you can do a google search to locate where you can buy one or go into any sporting goods store and ask for a pedometer. They usually cost less than $20. You can wear the pedometer on your pants and it monitors how many steps a day you are taking. It counts the steps each time you move and it's a good way to monitor your physical activity. It can get addicting looking at your pedometer to try to increase your steps every day.

If you don't lift weights, I would strongly recommend you begin doing so. Weight training is a great way to increase your metabolic rate at rest because you are increasing the volume of your muscle cells (hypertrophy) so you need more energy so you burn more fat, even at rest. I would start a weight training program and consistently do it 3 times a week at the very least.

Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to PM me!

You might also have something called irritable bowel syndrome. Here´s a link I just looked up that talks a bit more about it... digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/#symptoms

Even if this doesn´t apply to you, you should still get yourself to a doctor to get your problem checked out. Good luck!

See i dont go to doctors, and i have been taking walks after dinner now because i figured i should, and ill start lifting weights once a day to. I dont know for how much i weigh i think i get around pretty damn well, I can walk 2 miles without getting winded which means i have to walk farther to lose weight doesnt it? I bought a scale that stops at 330 and it said i was over that, so i dont know how much, and im about 6'3". thanks for the advice everyone! ive discovered hanging things on the wall i cross off daily helps, that way if i dont exercise everyone i know knows and they rag on me forever.

Good for you about the walking daily and hanging the to-do list up so everyone can see it. Weighing yourself with a scale is fine, but what's more important are the body composition changes that will happen once you begin a weight training program. Muscle weighs more than fat and is more dense (it takes up less space), which is a good thing since muscle uses more energy. I would recommend using a tape measure and measuring the circumference of your waistline, biceps, calf (lower leg), thigh, and hips and write down what you are now and check on yourself every 6-8 weeks. That will help you monitor body composition changes because it's not really how much you weigh, but what's actually in those pounds that matters. If you know of someone who can measure your body fat using skinfold calipers that's a good idea, too. Then you can get a reading every 2 months or so. This also provides good motivation to continue exercising.

Good luck!