Thread: how to shorten menstrual period

New York

how to shorten menstrual period

Hi, I would like to know how to shorten my menstrual periods because they last 7-8 days. Any tips? Thanks a whole bunch.

my own little world!!!
    Drink lots of helps for some girls. I helped me but the bad thing about it was that I made MANY trips to the bathroom. But water seems to make the blood come out more...sooner. Be active too...this also reduces cramps. Get some exercise and it should help with any problems.

Maryland, USA
    Just to start off, my period used to last for only 4 days. When I was 18 I started taking birth control, and once the doctor and I found a brand that worked well with my body chemistry, it's shortened to 2 days, sometimes less. If possible, you might think about it. Ortho-trycyclin is a great one that also helps clear up your skin if you have problems with breakouts. And the best part is your period will be so regular, you will kow exactly what day to expect it on.

Hope it helps.

I agree with above post: go on birth control. Lots of benefits, plus it'll lighten and shorten your period. It helps with cramps and acne, plus a benefit if you really need the birth control. Just go to a gyno, that's where I got mine, and they'll help find a brand that works for you. There's lots of them, but I'm on OrthoTri Cyclen, which is pretty popular. Hope it works!

i heard that if u drink a lot of water it will be lighter and if u eat a lot of salty things it will be heavier...

Top Threads
Fear of travelling and flying
The last few vacations I have gone on I have felt severe anxiety and stress leading up to and during the trip. Firstly, I have a fear of flying. Not
I'm stressed over everyday life.
So heres my quick story. I'm 26 and ever since I can remember i've always been stressed and worried, about anything and everything. I'm very lucky
Sister is addicted
I just need to vent. If you feel like giving advice that'd be nice too. For around seven months, my sister had using norcos. My dad called her out on
Featured Threads
I'm so sick of dating!
I really DO wonder if I'm supposed to grow old alone, cuz this dating thing is not working for me at all. It shouldn't be so complicated. I cannot
He cancelled two dates in a row - wants to resched - what do I say??
I recently met someone online, and we went out for dinner last thursdsay. It was a good date, and he asked me if I wanted to meet up on the weekend -
My son is 18 today!
A milestone birthday !! My goodness where did the time go??! It still feels like yesterday that he was a baby.
Working on it
I figured I'd right a post to update everyone on my situation. Though I can't quite says that anyone's really dying to know my deal. But I feel like
Could someone give me advice. I'm really scared for some reason.
I have been with my company for 5 years. The same manager almost always the same co worker..they switched out a few people but no one of real