Ask For Advice

Thread: how to shorten menstrual period

PrincessLuXLu

how to shorten menstrual period

Hi, I would like to know how to shorten my menstrual periods because they last 7-8 days. Any tips? Thanks a whole bunch.

Smokeycat
    Drink lots of water...it helps for some girls. I helped me but the bad thing about it was that I made MANY trips to the bathroom. But water seems to make the blood come out more...sooner. Be active too...this also reduces cramps. Get some exercise and it should help with any problems.

holeinmysoul33
    Just to start off, my period used to last for only 4 days. When I was 18 I started taking birth control, and once the doctor and I found a brand that worked well with my body chemistry, it's shortened to 2 days, sometimes less. If possible, you might think about it. Ortho-trycyclin is a great one that also helps clear up your skin if you have problems with breakouts. And the best part is your period will be so regular, you will kow exactly what day to expect it on.

Hope it helps.

hellojello
    I agree with above post: go on birth control. Lots of benefits, plus it'll lighten and shorten your period. It helps with cramps and acne, plus a benefit if you really need the birth control. Just go to a gyno, that's where I got mine, and they'll help find a brand that works for you. There's lots of them, but I'm on OrthoTri Cyclen, which is pretty popular. Hope it works!

jellybean69
    i heard that if u drink a lot of water it will be lighter and if u eat a lot of salty things it will be heavier...

Top Threads
trigeminal neuralgia?
So I went to the hospital at 2:30 AM. They gave me a 30mg shot of Toradol. That only reduced it a bit. They sent me home. I took 2 Tylenol 1 and got
Would you trust a psychiatrist who categorizes homosexuality as an illness ?
I was just on a website which lets you ,after signing up, choose a psychiatrist to book an appointment with . You view the psychiatrist's profile
Birthday cake for diabetic?
My boyfriend has type 2 diabetes. His birthday will be here not too much longer from now so I'm asking ahead of time to see if I can get any ideas or
Vivid Dreams
I know that anti depressants have a side effect of causing vivid dreams. But my dreams are so weird that I am scared of the whole idea of going to
Lost.
Where do I begin? I'm a 20 year old female and life at the moment has been really rough. I feel that every aspect of my life is incredibly
Featured Threads
After 3 date ...nice mam but stingy .what to do
Dear all...Please share your thoughts...Just returned from 3rd date with a guy I met on line. As you may know from my previous thread...we met for a
Lack of experiences possibly affect Relationships?
I've been thinking lately about whether someone might be 'lacking' in some ways because of their own lack in 'experience' in their Life.... Eg. I
Being Called A Liar When You Aren't...
Is it reason to get angry, when your being called a liar and accused of stuff when it isn't true. Conversation was about sex, i went about 2 or 3
Left me on our two year anniversary
Here's the thing.... I am well aware of the dusfunction that was my relationship. I'm well aware that I've only been making myself suffer. I am also
Reconciliation
Iíve seen an awful lot of posts about reconciliation lately and why you should never go back to an ex because they dumped you and they are evil
Why would the girl in dating tell me this??
We haven't been dating long so we're not exclusive. Slept over at hers a few times. Anyway today she was messaging me telling me how she is really
started antidepressants....
Hi all, So first time in my life I started antidepressants yesterday, after visiting a doctor. The reason for feeling this way is recent breakup
Ask For Advice