Looking For Spiritual Guidance

Hey everyone. I have a lot of free time on my hands. I would like to feel at peace with myself but don't know where to start. Unfortunately I am an open Atheist and do not believe in many spiritual or paranormal things. Still I'd like to feel whole within myself.

Can anyone suggest anything that would improve my inner being? I am a huge mess inside and outside. I've heard Falun Dafa is very popular and effective but never tried it. Any suggestions to as how I can gain spiritual balance?

Don't let others decieve you saying their religion is true, because Christianity is the only religion, the only true one. You need to understand the Christ Jesus died for your sins so you may be with our lord for the eternity to come. You may think I'm crazy saying these things but they have worked for me, I realised I was sinful and needed to repent and now I feel like a changed person. The only way you can feel better is to have faith and love your neighbor as yourself. If you have both you will be a very happy man even through suffering and persecution for you will understand that all things will be revealed and you will be rewarded for your good deeds.

First, realize that God loves you...

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Second, realize that everyone is a sinner...

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Third, realize that sin has a price that must be paid...

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Fourth, realize that Jesus Christ died to pay your price...

Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Finally, pray, ask Jesus Christ to be your Savior, and

claim his promise of eternal life...

Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

My friend, the most important thing in the world is knowing that your sins are forgiven and that you are prepared for eternity. Godbless and peace out.

I agree with peteraider, the one and only way to find true peace and happiness is thru OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. HE WILL provide the peace that surpasses all understanding. You just have to listen and give God a chance to be in your life. He is always there whether you believe it or not. All you have to do is talk to HIM and HE will answer. Just be ready for a ride that you will never ever regret or forget. Trust in the one who can make a differnece in your life. At first, it will all seem like a bunch of nonsense but make no mistake when it all comes together, there is NO OTHER FEELING LIKE IT IN THE WORLD.

God Bless and good luck.

• 2 months later...

Christianity is the only true religion and maybe one day you will realize that. Many people run from their feelings and run from the teachings of God. The other religions you speak of have no sound validity.

If you choose to look into Christianity you will see that the bible has an answer for any and every question that you may have in life. The reason that your life is peaceless and with out joy is b/c you do not follow Christ.

Even in times of despair, I have a sense of inner peace b/c of my faith.

Finding and understanding the teachings of God is a personal journey that no one can force you to do.

However, just realize that by not being saved you are opening up yourself to be lead by false practices and teachings which may lead to living a life filled with despair, and sin.

Many other religions claim to be valid, but most are just creations of evil, which works to bring people away from God.

As the Bible says it is Satans job to Steal, Kill , and Destroy you by any means necessary. Satan will use trickery to make people join the occult, to make them think that they are practicing a true religion, but they are not. The Bible states that any religion worshiped other that Christianity will only lead those persons to Hell. It is sad but true, It makes me so upset to see how blind people can be about their souls.

When you die, I am sure that you will want to live in eternal peace. However, as it says in the book of Revelation, those people who do not give their life to christ will go to Hell.

I hope that one day you can find a friend who will help lead you to Christ.

You may try to experiment with other religions, but when you are in your last days I hope that you will convert to Christianity, so that I may see you in heaven when I get there.