Feelings post rejection

merocks

Hi. I need some advice pls. me and a girl were good friends for a while,we were working at the same place. I loved spending time with her. So we were together for about 7-8 months. I'm from India, so when I say together, I mean just spending time together with each other that's it. Then she got transferred, so before she left, I proposed to her, she rejected. Post breakup,for 1 monthwe were chatting, talking by phone OK. But it was difficult for me coz I still had feelings for her and I missed her a lot and I was trying to forget her. So I kept our chats to a minimum, stopped calling her. I didn't want her to know that I'm trying to forget about her coz that will make her sad. But today she found out, and she said she will completely stop talking to me. I don't want that. So what do I do pls I m confused. I wanted to forget her but now I feel chatting with her is ok I don't know what to do.

Seven or eight months seems like a long period of time, but it's actually a drop in the bucket. You're the one who stopped calling her and kept chats to a minimum and now you're upset that she wants to go no contact? Sounds to me you don't know what you want. What is it exactly that you want?

Time to let her go. Take a break and do some work on yourself and get your own feelings sorted.

Yes, you should try to be realistic within yourself and see what YOU want, and decide it for yourself. So, you wanted to be with her, but she said "no" to proposal, so that is closed now. What else is left? Talking and chatting on the phone (without hopes or perspectives, really, right?). You said yourself that it was too difficult for you. Perhaps it became more painful when SHE said she won't talk to you then; maybe it felt like a double rejection on you? First, she rejected your proposal, and then she sort of "solidified" going out of contact. But that's ok, it happens! Try to take it easy.

You said you want to forget her but feel that chatting is ok. How will chatting help you forget her? You developed feelings for her just by spending time together, and chatting is kind of the same thing. So then, you would continue in the same path. How does that help to forget someone? It would continue to feed your feelings. You feel bad now that she doesn't want to chat anymore, and it will feel bad for some more time - but it is a healing kind of "badness", because lack of chatting will help you forget her. So, looks like she made the right decision. Right now you should try to take it easy, don't be too sad. But when you feel bad, remember: this is like a bitter medicine, it has to taste bad for some time before it makes you better! One, two, three months later you will look back and start noticing that you are gradually forgetting her (I don't know the exact speed, but it will happen). Remember the saying "out of sight - out of mind"? Same with chatting. Just give it time!

Archived