Power through or hang back and wait?

Ok, I have been pondering this question. My friend started going out with this other guy..but I was late getting to her and telling her how I felt by two weeks. I told her anyways and she told me my timing sucked...well yah I agree but what can I do now. Anyway after I told her, her attitude toward me changed and she talks to me differently and I can tell she really likes me. The fact remains..she is dating this other guy and even had the commitment talk. So, here's my question..do I power on through like the other guy doesn't exist or do I wait for their relationship to run it's course?

Ok I want your opinions from a female perspective. If you just started dating a guy and you're all starry eyed and in love and your best friend tells you that he is in love with you...would you be put out and see your friend as meddling or would appreciate that your friend buys you flowers and wants to spend more time with you?

Would you rather he back off or would you want him completely out of the picture while you dated this guy because he'd be a distraction? Would you miss him more if he disappeared after telling you you how he felt? Would this situation be confusing and why?

Bexcelant