Does he know?

I have been attracted to this guy for a while, and instead of acting upon this, i decided to get to know him first( i took your advice). Everything was going well until last week! i don't know what it is or what i have done really, but he has been quite strange since, even friends have noticed the tension, so much so, i'm finding it hard to talk to him. The only thing i can think off and i dread to think this maybe true, but the day previous to the strange behaviour, when i was talknig with some friends, they were joking about my singledom, it was all lighthearted stuff. During the convo, my crush comes over and joins in, joking 'oh there must be someone you fancy' (my heart nearly stopped, i denied this adamantly, then he persisted saying 'i think there is someone you fancy', of course my friends looked at me, and i was now probably exaggerating the fact that there was NOONE!!!!!! It was a very embarrassing moment and i momentarily thought that he knew. But how could he? if he does, he mustn't think that its him i like. Anyway next day, he completely changes, hes snappy when i ask him for advice about something, when i talked to him, he's tense, he even gave me a dirty look!! Today wasn't much better and i'm starting to think he knows and he is annoyed about it, the fact is is that its getting me down. I can accept it if he doesn't fancy me back, but i don't know how to resolve it, or if i should, but what i don't want is to fall out over this, because i really do like him as a friend. Any advice guys?

Hey barb - I guess I would personally just ask him, "hey - is something wrong?"

You don't have to give him any ideas - just ask if somethings bothering him. Let him know you notice a difference but have no idea if he's just in a mood or if you specifically did something to upset him. Know what I mean? Like, "Hey - you alright? Are you upset at me for something?"

That'll call him out right away and put the ball in his court ......

what'd ya think?

yes its a good idea, i'm just afraid that there is something wrong (i know that sounds stupid). He is fine with everyone else, and maybe its something completely different, i mean, the problem to the one i'm thinking off. I would just hate to think i've said or done something to upset him.

Maybe if he actually thought that you liked him, called you out on it (surely there must be someone you fancy), and you insisted there was no one...maybe he's feeling a little down on himself for thinking you like him. Maybe he was trying to find out himself in a playful way and you shot him down like a quail.

He's probably also feeling edgy because misinterpreting signals is an aggrevating thing for people. Ask him as all suggested. Then tell him he is the one you fancy.