Reading into it too much?

Okay. There's this girl in my Science class. We've been friends for a while, and I used to like her. All my friends said she liked me too, but I decided not to listen to the advice of a bunch of guys who have mostly never had girlfriends. We haven't really hung out much since I stopped going outside for lunch (its friggin' cold in the winter!), so I don't get to talk to her much.

Now, I've noticed that, as of late, she's been looking directly at me alot. And she'll quickly turn her head when she notices that I saw her. Should I take this as a sign that, hey, the guys were right. Or am I just reading into it too much?

Yup, ask her out on a date. However don't think that asking a girl out is a huge deal because its not. If she says no, then you basically go about your business. Make sure you just don't tell her how you feel because you put unwanted pressure on her if she doesnt feel that way.

If she says yes, that means she is interested. If she says no, oh well, at least you wont be thinking about it anymore and that sucks more than getting rejected.

Don't fear rejection. Women love confidence.