Just can't take the stress anymore

Hi

So I couldn't be more frustrated and stressed about the relationship that I am currently in.

The guy i'm seeing can be summed up in one word. Complicated.

You can never tell 100% when he's either joking or being serious.

However, we both have great sensed of humour thereforeeee are always joking.

Sometimes though, to me, he just crosses the line. For the last month or so he's really been laying on jokes about ther ladies looking at him, or impressesing other ladies, or meeting "hot ones".

The first couple times, yeah I could laugh it off. But recently since it's just been getting to me cus whether he's joking or not, it just sucks to hear.

So, I simply asked him if he could please just take it easy with those types of jokes. (And, as usual, i get the "uhh, whats up?", like he goes through me having problems with him all the time, when this is prob the second thing ive brought up in the last 5 months)

He totally didnt give a **** that I mentioned it bothed me as much as it did.

Now, I can honestly say, that's one tiny little thing out of about 200 others almost on a daily basis.

And to add to the complicatedness, he loves to say hes joking when hes serious and serious when he's joking. This is just getting ridiculous.

I'm an extremely laid back and simple person, and this is just brutally stressful and tends to bring out the worst in me !

I love this guy and will do anything to help make this work, however, ive spoken on my end and asked nicely, its up to him. So, since I gotta look out for #1 here, i'd have no problem ending this thing.

Would appreciate all different opinons please !

Thanks !

I'm an extremely laid back and simple person, and this is just brutally stressful and tends to bring out the worst in me !

I love this guy and will do anything to help make this work,

I would end it. One can adapt oneself somewhat to make things work but one should have to change one's personality. Maybe some people were just not meant to be together. Sorry...

You say you "will do anything to help make this work" can you be sure he feels the same way?

For the last month or so he's really been laying on jokes about ther ladies looking at him, or impressesing other ladies, or meeting "hot ones".

ugh, this sounds like my x-boyfriend among other things he was doing. no longer with him though and THANK GOD, in hindsight i didn't see it before, but i am SO HAPPY i am no longer with my x boyfriend.

like u in your current relationship, we had a million little problems, he was a ver complicated person and still is but i'm scared to know what the other 200 problems are when it comes to your boyfriend...

when my x boyfriend was making "jokes" about other ladies looking at him, etc i told him i wasn't comfortable as well and to take it easy but it just continued. i don't know if it was to make himself feel better or if it was to piss me off but it just didn't get better. after awhile of putting up with it and me sounding like a broken record it escalated. it went from "ok" to "bad" to "worse".

not too sure what to tell u except if your boyfriend continues this, u have to look at it. see if the bad outweighs the good and vice versa. get out before it's too late and u end up hurting.

Hi 1010.

Not all guys are the same.

Sometimes I tell my gf such things because its true and Im being honest abt it. Girls having crush on me etc. But I dont do it to hurt my gf or make her feel jealous. In fact, a bf should make his girl feel secured.

Hey its not very nice if hes joking and hurting your feelings. If you have told him you dont like it nicely and sincerely askd him to stop it and he doesnt, thats unfair. Such guys only care for themselves I think and just using you to feel good. Be nice but be firm about this to him. Because if a partner dont make the other feel secured and gets the kick of hurting the other with mind games and jealousy then its not good.

It takes awhile for him to stop(things like this dont happen overnight) it but if there is no progress, Id say ure the only one making the effort and you deserve a guy whos really sincere with your feelings. Dont worry abt this too much. Handle it smartly and sincerely too!

Good luck!