The Upcoming 1 Year Anniversary... w/ the ex

In a few days my ex and i met a year ago. the reason were not together today is because im off at college, BUT we both still have a thing for each other. she has a boyfriend but her friends told me that she said its only because to get the pain away from me. she has told me that she tries to like him but what we have is special. im quite lost in this whole scenario. i have been doing the no contact since i left and since it wasnt really a "break up" with one of us getting dumped i dont see a really big problem. im thinking of calling her and seeing how everything is going and what not. here is a previous post on how it went down but just wondering on a few suggestions of what i should do... thanks for the time.

Relationship ended b/c of college

Absense makes the heart grow fonder?

You sound like a really sweet guy. If what her mother said about her crying 24/7 when you went away to college is true then I would think that she still has feelings for you. It sounds like she is trying to distance herself from you by dating this other guy. You live so far away...you can't expect her to put all of her eggs into one basket and wait for you. Although, I think it's good that you dating other girls, too.

If I were you, I would wait and see what happens after you move more locally. It sounds like the two of you could end up back together since you never really broke up, esp. if she is dogging her current boyfriend to spend time with you when you are in town.