I'm so cynical in the mornings!

Do you think that there is a biological reason for grumpiness after waking up? I'm consistently grumpy after having a nap and I'm usually grumpy in the mornings. Is my mood affected by my body's annoyance with being jarred out of a restful state or is the mood itself a biological reaction to waking up?

I usually don't want to get up in the morning, no matter how much sleep I had. It's only when there's something about the day that I'm excited about or want to do that I get out of bed right away.. which is rare.

There have also been times when I've really really not wanted to get out of bed, to the point where I'm almost pleading with myself to let me stay in where I am. Did that make sense?

So I guess the way to be happier getting up in the morning is to have something to look forward to during the day.. other than the end of the day..

How is the rest of your general life? Do you enjoy your job? Have other things you like? When those things are down that can lead to you not wanting to get up in the morning.

I remember when I was in high school I HATED getting up on a weekday, but on the weekends when I had football and other things I got up early without any problems.

Just a thought.

How is the rest of your general life? Do you enjoy your job? Have other things you like? When those things are down that can lead to you not wanting to get up in the morning.

I remember when I was in high school I HATED getting up on a weekday, but on the weekends when I had football and other things I got up early without any problems.

Just a thought.

My life is meaningful and better then its ever been, but I'm lonely a lot of the time and I don't really have a lot of things I look forward to.