is this a sign of interest??

lets say you're at a bus stop and you go up to a person to ask if they have been waiting there for long. after asking the question that person starts making small talk with you including asking where you're from, general q's of getting to know a person better..

are all these initial signs of a person having initial interest or just making small talk?

lets say you're at a bus stop and you go up to a person to ask if they have been waiting there for long. after asking the question that person starts making small talk with you including asking where you're from, general q's of getting to know a person better..

are all these initial signs of a person having initial interest or just making small talk?

not necessarily ... i do it all the time, especially if i'm bored or staning in line somewhere for a significant amount of time, i'll start chatting w/just about anyone if they seem open to it.[/color]

Well.. at college, you meet a lot of people. Basically everyone I met would ask the same kind of questions: what's your name, where are you from, what's your major, etc. Were all of these guys and girls interested in me? Definitely not. So.. like someone else mentioned, unless cell #'s were exchanged, it was most likely just small talk while waiting for the bus.

A person who is not interested in you romantically could just as easily do this as someone who is. thereforeeee it is not a good sign of interest. A good sign of interest is something more definite.