feel worthless

Hey. I'm having a crisis here. I feel like I'm not good at anything in my life. I don't have that one thing that Im great in and is better at than everyone else. I don't have that one hobby that I'm devoted to or do all the time that makes me happy. I'm in track right now, but I feel so much slower than everyone else. I feel stupid when I run and probably look stupid too. How can I become a better and faster runner? I just want to have something to feel good about. What should i do? I feel so worthless.

i have been there and done that road, it is no fun....but you have got to make it happen....this is a chance for you to "find" yourself, make this a lifetime journey.....keep a journal and read as much as you can. My favorite is In the Meantime.....excellent book....also, books about identity... it has taken me 40 years to figure out who i am but i finally realize what i enjoy doing, by myself.....i am learning everyday about who i am and it gets more better as the days go on. if you would like to e-mail me, e-mail me at email removed i would be more than happy to help you get through this time in your life......everything is temporary...aloha

Everyone has a place in life, sometimes you just need to identify it.

Nothing makes you happy? I'm sure something does.. you just need to realize what it is in your life.

Do you have any hobbies that you like? Movies, games, projects, education, family time anything? If so focus on that.

Try to meet some new people, join a new club or participate in different sports. If you desire to increse your speed ask your coach or do some private practice. I'm sure you will succeed with this when you put your more effort forth.

Be positive about life you do matter. Think about the other people that are reading your words that feel the same way. To them you made them realize that they are not alone with their feelings.

You do matter, remember that... now go make some waves to get more people to notice you.

You'll do fine.

• 2 years later...

theres no need to feel worthless coz u cant run as fast as the other people, its just means u need more practise, everyone has something that they really enjoy but u just aint found urs yet, i hope everything works out for you and take care.