Ending the relationship

It started off fairly physical but there's never been a lot of sex. Over the last 19 months there has been very little physical interaction between us and I am usually the person to try starting something physical. We have been to a therapist and she was good but my gf didn't like it so we stopped. My gf doesn't know why she has no desire and I've been very patient but it's got to the stage where it has damaged my feelings for her because I've not been able to get close to her. My feelings just seemed to drain away and it's more of a close friendship than a loving relationship.

She says she loves me and would be devastated if I left but I can't take any more and there's no sign of improvement. I'm not in a relationship for sex but without some kind of physical closeness there's nothing to keep us together.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...I would seriously try the therapy route again...no one likes to expose themselves - to their partner or a virtual stranger but I think she needs to work out some stuff...does she have a poor body image? Self esteem issues? What's stopping her from being intimate?

It's flattering that you care so much about her...but unless you're both happy with the relationship (physical or not), it's not healthy for either of you stay where you are.

Look whatever u do please try to make sure u won't hurt the other party, I don't mean stay there if u r unhappy, but if u guys brake up, make sure that u r by her side or near by until her last scar has healed, my ex didn't do that to me, she just left me and although I'm healed I have a lot of recentment toward her attitude, after all I did for her, she could have at least say good bye....and another thing remember that what goes around comes around.