How to make it stop

Ok, in need of some advice. I just don't understand these feelings I am having. Tonight I found out that a good friend was having dinner with a friend of hers she met overseas. As I know it, they were very close when they met overseas in China. When she told me her plans for the night, I felt all tense, my body tightened (including heart) and all I wanted to do was hit something! I was jealous! There was a time not so long ago that I had a massive crush on this friend, but I decided to avoid that situation and choose to be friends instead.

We became close friends who would confine in each other when we had a problem. I don't know why I am so jealous. I think it might be that the two of them had the same type of relationship we had when they met. I was not around at the time (off overseas also) they met. I am also not sure about what else went on in the time they were overseas together(but my head tells me there was more). But why should I care? Right?

I know I shouldn't be jealous but I am, how can I make it stop? As a friend I should be happy that her friend has come accross the world and wants to see her.

i guess you like her more.. you don't just think of her as a friend and i would guess that crush didn't fully go away. not sure it's a good thing to try and be friends with someone you have strong feelings for.

I would agree with this. Perhaps, when her friend leaves, you may want to open up about your feelings and see if she shares them. Either way, it will continue to rip you up when she dates other guys, if you keep this friendship when you clearly want more.