Having a rough week..very rough

Hello everyone...Many of you already know my story, my ex broke up with me in Sept 05 and I've been struggling with getting over him since then. For the past five weeks I have been sticking with NC and he has tried to contact me once through instant message a couple of weeks ago. This past week I have been missing him more than usual. I want him to care, but obviously he doesn't. I still don't get why he would just drop me like that knowing that no other women would do the things I have done for him. Why am I feeling like this again all of a sudden. Kind of like I'm back at square one. Please help...

We all have set backs. You feel stong and just for a moment, you let your guard down and smack, you fall apart. I am sure if you read many of the posts, you would find alot of others dealing with the same issues. There is a song about one being the loneliest (sp) number. Spring is apon us and you see couples everywhere. For me, that just brings back memories. It will and it does get better. Hang in there.

Im pretty sure the reason you have not been healing solidly is because you have had contact with him until 5 weeks ago. I know how it is to feel the way you do. The pain can be excrutiating at times. But I suggest keep going NC. Keep strong and keep posting. You will slowly start to regain your composure. Good luck.

Ut longhorn,

The last time I saw him was five weeks ago. He wanted to see me when I got back from vacation. I have pictures of me and him on my laptop and sometimes I look at them even when I try not to. I even found a video of me and him on my laptop as well. I wish the hurting would stop because I know he doesnt miss me...I wouldn't be surprised if he is in a relationship now.

I have pictures of me and him on my laptop and sometimes I look at them even when I try not to. I even found a video of me and him on my laptop as well. I wish the hurting would stop because I know he doesnt miss me...I wouldn't be surprised if he is in a relationship now.

Ok...now I see why you're not healing. Everytime you do this you are hammering your own heart. Basically think of it in terms like this...lets say you have cut yourself deeply and the cut is healing bit by bit. Every time you are looking at pictures, or videos, or contacting him, you are picking at the scab thats forming on the cut.

I know you're in pain. But it will start to ease more when you do something other than focus your time on him. do something else when you have a urge to look at his pics or videos. that is not going to do anything for you but pull you backwards.