Girls: if a guy friend wanted to hold hands?

monsieur, as much as I want to I believe otherwise, you are pretty much unhelpable. You have a huge case of oneitus and you refuse to think logically or clearly. This is not the best girl in the world. She's just one regular person and she even mistreated you many times over, taken advantage of you, etc. Your case of oneitus is so strong you can't even see that she has got nothing on so many other better women out there who wouldn't dare do this to anyone else.

I see cases of oneitus all of the time and your situation is no different. I hope one day you will realize that this girl is not the best there is, not even close. Also, I hope one day you realize that treating a women right and having a great relationship doesn't mean becoming a doormat, but realizing your own self worth, having self confidence, and self respect. I hope one day all of this becomes apparant in your eyes but I have seen nothing of the sort from you in all of the time you've been here.

I'll never forget this girl, even though she mistreated me, but for the things that attracted me to her I will never find any other girl to measure up.

Can you please explain this?

She rejecting you should be enough reason to distance yourself from her. If on top of the rejection she has ill-treated you then you should not just walk but run away from this woman.

Question to the girls, if a guy friend that you had that you were only friends with, but you knew that he wanted more, asked you to hold hands with him while walking down the street 'just to try it', would you? or would you get pissed off at the question? even knowing that he might be hopeful that the hand holding connection might start a tiny little spark somewhere deep in your heart?

I wouldn't get pissed off. I would probably just feel exasperated, and like I was being manipulated. Which, yes, enough of that would probably lead me to be pissed. And to reconsider whether you were actually a friend.

Would you pull the plug if he kept trying after you already made it clear multiple times that you were not interested in him romanticallY?

No, I wouldn't...id keep being friends and keep the holding hands thing to ourselves..if the guy grew that much balls and did something like that, id be flattered even if i didn't like him that way...

If hes just a friend who sings to me and holds my hand in that way, then no, I wouldn't completley pull a 180 and stop talking to him. Id still be flattered and keep being mutual friends with the guy.

holding hands and walking isnt a big deal to me...so i would not get pissed off...

No, I wouldn't...id keep being friends and keep the holding hands thing to ourselves..if the guy grew that much balls and did something like that, id be flattered even if i didn't like him that way...

If hes just a friend who sings to me and holds my hand in that way, then no, I wouldn't completley pull a 180 and stop talking to him. Id still be flattered and keep being mutual friends with the guy.

holding hands and walking isnt a big deal to me...so i would not get pissed off...

So what you are saying is that even knowing that you are sending him mixed signals and that he isn't taking the hint, you would still continue to lead him on?

first off, I don't ask someone to hold my hand or put their arm through mine.

I either A. Hold my arm out, or B. hold my hand out.

2ndly, I tend to go with the adage,

If I don't do it with my male friends, I shouldn't do it with my female friends.