Best of both worlds?

Okay, here's my situation. I just accepted a job offer for a multibillion dollar mining company. The pay is 50% more than what I used to make, along with a full benfits package for my family and I, 401k, paid vacation, and investment opportunities. The work is 12 hour shifts, so I work 4 days one week, three the next, then 4, and then I get one week off every month. I'm not complaining about any of this, but I'm planning on going back to school in a year to get certified as a law enforcement officer. I would have to work during school of course, but that means taking a 50% - 60% pay cut. This is a great job, but I can't see myself doing it for the rest of my life. I know what my plan is, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. That is, sticking with a good job instead of college, or quitting a good job in pursuit of more school or something that pays half the money and benefits of your old job. Thanks!

I took a loan against the 41k to pay for college and am doing them at the same time...

Its hard but hey i cant pay for college other wise.. My company pays a certain amount towards job related education which was helpful. But i do not think your degree would qualify as job enhancement degree. But still find out if they have further education assistance program.

Whats the harm in asking? i would think if they have the other benefits they will have that too. Good luck

Oh almost forgot taking loan from 41k means you pay yourself taxes, just incase you pick that path.