Body building

I need to get this critiqued:

Bench press (flat): 3x10

Lat pull down: 3x10

Bicep curl (standing): " "

Pec fly: " "

Chest press: " "

Situps....pullups...

I do lower body workouts on alternating days. I'm experienced with lifting for endurance, but this is more confusing. I opted for the simplest approach I could think of. I do the heaviest weight I can lift for 10 reps x3. I want to bulk up upper body a little, and get more of a V shape. Any more simple exercises or changing of the current ones that can accomplish this? Thanks.

Personally I like the workouts outlined in Arnolds Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.

The V-shape is a skinny waist and wide chest and back. Curls wont help with that...

To bulk up, I would move towards more sets with lower reps, increasing the weight as you go.

6-8 sets starting at 10 reps, working your way to your one rep max.

Also are you taking protein supplements. Thats is a must if you want to add bulk.

I'd also add incline and decline bench, to hit the upper and lower pecs. You can finish your pecs off by repping the bar as many times as possible.

Also add seated rows (which will also work your bi's), and bent over row, to work your upper back muscles.

To add effect to the V-shape, look at slimming down your waist by doing ab-excercises, not just situps. Leg lifts, boards, and reverse crunches.

• 3 months later...
Personally I like the workouts outlined in Arnolds Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.

The V-shape is a skinny waist and wide chest and back. Curls wont help with that...

To bulk up, I would move towards more sets with lower reps, increasing the weight as you go.

6-8 sets starting at 10 reps, working your way to your one rep max.

Also are you taking protein supplements. Thats is a must if you want to add bulk.

I'd also add incline and decline bench, to hit the upper and lower pecs. You can finish your pecs off by repping the bar as many times as possible.

Also add seated rows (which will also work your bi's), and bent over row, to work your upper back muscles.

To add effect to the V-shape, look at slimming down your waist by doing ab-excercises, not just situps. Leg lifts, boards, and reverse crunches.

I know this is an old thread but Arnold's way is not the best of ideas, it worked for him but he has incredible genetics and was on a gigantic amount of juice.