what is up with our friendship!?

hi,im a girl, and my best friend is a boy, weve been best friends for 2 and a half years, its our last year in high school and i have to admit, we have had problems in the past, nothing grave, hes just very sentimental, and im very proud, weve always had our colisions and gotten over them, but now, i feel like our whole friendship is falling apart, and i have no idea why, for the last 2 weeks, weve been fighting everyday! i`ll ask him something and hell respond in a kind of sentimental/angry way and ill get angry because i know hes angry at me for soemthing, but he denies it and swears that eveyrthing is TOTALLY FINE!...and just stupid things like that, and weve tried talking but we just end up saying "we`ll both change and we wont get angry anymore" and the next day the same thing happens!...what the hell is going on? i feel like im going crazy!! y cant we just have a normal friendship like we use to?

PS this is JUST A FRIENDSHIP, weve talked about the whole having feelings for each other, but it does not go farther than a friendship, please understand....and please help!

YOU said you have asked him whats wrong, and he replies that everything is fine. You also mentioned that he is very sentimental. Also you said that you have your squabbles in the past, but always clear them up. Is there any argument that you had, which he could still be upset over? If not, the only thing I can think of, since you mentioned its the last year of high school and what not, and that he is sentimental, maybe he is having some anxiety about the upcoming change once graduation occurs. Sometimes close friends somewhat lose touch or dont see each other as much after last year of high school, with everyone going their separate ways to college, work, etc. Maybe this is bothering him.

You sound so much like my best friend (who is a girl) and I. It's entirely platonic too (she even has her own boyfriend). Except neither of us is really sentimental (nothing out of the ordinary at least). And, we've been having problems too, because we both have our own personal issues. I for one don't like to talk about mine... I mean, I don't even know what they are. I just feel something is wrong, yet I try not to let it get to me too much. She has her own issues too, and she just tries to talk about them to me. And I really am not up for talking about issues anymore. She's kinda clingy for some reason, and acting like a clingy girlfriend, when she's not my girlfriend (heck, she even has her own boyfriend), and I don't want her to be either... I guess she wants to much attention (you can see it even in the way she dresses...) and I guess I don't agree with that kind of attitude either.

God, all I want to spend these last couple of months in high school, having the most fun I can. Is this the feeling we get when we're old and know our time's not that far from over, so we behave kind of bitter? I dunno, but I wish I could fix things. I dont wanna be a jerk to her. But why does she have to come looking for me all the time?