I'm Pessimist, doesnt help my love!

I have met a wonderful woman through her daughter on enotalone. We've fallen in love and are engaged. She lives in Australia and I live in England. I'm going to see her in February.

I know long distance relationships do cause problems but if you truly love each other there is hope for the future. My fiance and I take each day as it comes. We are constantly trying to overcome problems so we can be together.

Trust in the love you share.

Good luck and take care.

I think you need to be mindful of things, I think what needs to change is your degree of pessimism. The truth is that you will never really know what works out and what wont. If both people want to work at it then there is a greater likelyhood of success. When you speculate realize that you are only playing the odds but doesnt mean an outcome is definate. You just need to realize that u may be pessimistic but that doesnt mean things are going to turn out the way you think.

Pessimisim comes from an inherent defence mechanism to sub consciously protect yourself from all 'dangers'. In other words you would rather expect the worst and prepare for it so that if it does happen you will not be completely devastated.

I must admit that I am very similar to you- I to predict the worst- which to be honest hardly ever happens!! Perhaps you need to see a psychologist so that they can help you probe your sub consciuos to discover the root of your fera that is being translated into fear.

• 2 weeks later...