How much info do you divulge?

How much information to you divulge to your partner/spouse?

Little I divulge some issues important to me, but not many. I limit my requests, problems, and don't talk much about problems I'm having in the relationship etc.

A fair amount I divulge most important issues, personal problems, relationship problems, etc.

A lot I divulge as much information as I find reasonable about a variety of issues.

Everything I divulge everything to my partner. My past & present. I am very honest with my lover regarding everything and talk to them about absolutely everything.

OR does it depend on the situation?

curiosity is my only motive for this. Besides I haven't posted anything for a while

Personally, I border on everything I think. I like to feel like my partner and I can bond and accept everything about one another, so I keep them updated on pretty much everything.

Well, honesty is the best policy.

If I were asked a question, I would respond truthfully.

But there are some things that I would personally bring up; just to make myself honest.

For example: I wouldn't tell her about sexual acts I have commited with past girlfriends, unless purposely asked.

I prefer to be truthful, but tactful.

I'm pretty close to everything myself. I've been with my GF almost 5 years, and I only have two secrets that I havn't told her. And if she asked me about the subjects point blank, I would answer her honestly.

One of the secrets is that I was once hit by a car while riding my bike. It was a miner thing. My bike was undamaged and I only had a couple of scrapes. But I know if I told her she would worry half to death about me riding my bike, and it would discourage her from riding hers - which she hasn't in ages.

For example: I wouldn't tell her about sexual acts I have commited with past ....., .
Lovers. Or I try not to. Unless specifically asked..

Everything: I divulge everything to my partner. My past & present. I am very honest with my lover regarding everything and talk to them about absolutely everything.

Well.. just about everything with TACT. There maybe be certain judgement calls I may reserve for myself... or things that I am pondering that may not be... fully developed in my head to openly discuss.. but pretty much everything else.

BEIGE.. I think I'll paint the ceiling BEIGE... Just kidding.

not true, need to know basis means trust, I said nothing about lying about anything or cheating or stuff like that. Keeping things on a need to know basis with people in general is a rule of thumb, this will keep misunderstandings down to a minimum. Allow you to have some leverage in your life, there have to remain boundaries, peoiple have to remain individuals. This is very important.

not true, need to know basis means trust, I said nothing about lying about anything or cheating or stuff like that. Keeping things on a need to know basis with people in general is a rule of thumb, this will keep misunderstandings down to a minimum. Allow you to have some leverage in your life, there have to remain boundaries, peoiple have to remain individuals. This is very important.

Hmm.

Say you had an STD - would you tell your partner?

What a partner 'needs' to know is really a matter of individual opinion.

there have to remain boundaries, peoiple have to remain individuals. This is very important.

I can see Pav's point about boundaries and individualism... yes it is very important. Have you ever dated someone who likes to be mysterious and

Cryptic???? Well let me tell you... add mystery and cryptic into the formula... and factor in an exponential negative on the TRUST scale, everytime they do it to you.

Has nothing to do with boundaries and individualism... you can have your boundaries and you can be your own person... but... WHY would there be a need for mystery and Crypitic nature unless there was something you really really had something you wanted to hide. lol.

DARKBLUE: Telling about an STD??? OHHHhhhhh yeah!!!!! ssshheeesh... someone better tell me!!! I know I'm clean.. I've got my Rabies shot and yearly check-up... maybe I should start demanding proof of blood tests eh????? yikes!!!! I think STD's are a definite.. TELL ALL..... you need to give people a choice.

I know someone who used to NOT tell. And it drove me batty tunes calling them FRIEND.. because thats just obscene. The reason they didn't tell???? is because the few times they did.. their love interests would fly the coup!! so there you have it. Scary isn't it??

Hmm.

Say you had an STD - would you tell your partner?

What a partner 'needs' to know is really a matter of individual opinion.

As I said on a need to know basis, this would be semoething they need to know. It takes strict personal moral judgement to undesrstand what "On a need to know basis means"

Its very to the point, and it is a basic solution to the question asked. Which if applied in every case will yield the best possible outcome.