film&television.the prospect?

i am in the media industry... the question u should be asking is whether u have the passion for it... it is a hard industry to be in. what art ofthe industry do u want to be in?

And i joke u not.. security and media idustry do not go hand in hand. tell me more and i will see if i can help u out.

at most univeristys or community collages they have carrer counclers that can help you alot with it theres even a colloge class you can take now to help you out with it . that class go me and electronic class in my high school and is giveing me alot of colloge creidits i need. in filming they might make you take

a film history class so be ready for bordom lol just talk to your counclers about

It is competitive, but a couple of my family members are in the business or aspiring to be. My stepbrother just finished his degree in film/theatre, I have a friend who works in lighting and travels all around doing so - he has worked for some big companies (Cirque de Soleil).

My sister has been in a few big movies with small spots, commericals, tv, and is actually aspiring either to teach dance/choreography, or to become an entertainment lawyer.

I have another friend whom is actually a graduate in graphic design but does exceptionally well in making independent films as well.

The main thing is to talk to some counsellors about your options...film/theatre has many branches. Some who take acting also learn stage production, lighting or something as backup or extra for a more regular job and more skills.

More, you have to stand out as exceptional, as it IS competitive. Depending on what you want, I actually advise you get involved volunteering in local theatre, independent filming production, and get some practice and skills to decide if that is where you want to go, and learn some basics and gain experience for your future.

• 2 weeks later...

i just graduated college...

i find that education interferes with my knowledge, but at the same time, is invaluable in teaching you HOW TO LEARN.

so in essense, don't learn what you love at school... learn what you love on your own time.

because you risk everything by letting someone else teach you how to love.