what is the meaning of the diff colors of roses

Today is one of my best friends 2nd death anniversary. I want to get some nice roses. Last year I got him this really pretty purple flowers but want to do somethign different this year. I know roses mean remembering. but there are white, red, and black roses (not naming the other colors cause I don't care for them as much.) what does each color of rose represent???? I need a fast reply if possible, i have to leave in an hour to get them. the reason I want to get him roses is because right before he died he wrote a really nice poem about rememberign the roses. and I feel like it would be apropriate.

thanks you all so much.

Qtpie87

red means love, yellow or pink means friendship, appreciation, white means purity, innocence, or heavenly, peach is appreciation, black means death or fairwell, but I wouldn't use those. Personally I find them distasteful.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

QTpie, use the roses that he liked, whatever color they were. These memorials are so important for those of us left behind.

I lost my husband last September 04 and put an anniversary card on marker - it would have been our 20th I like to think that he somehow knows that I'm remembering our special day.