Cat's Out of the Bag now

I was talking to a male friend of mine during lunch. He caught me today completely off guard and I was at a loss for words. He said "If you didn't have a BF, I'd be very very very happy". I kinda thought he had a crush on me, but I suppose this confirms it. I was so shocked, I didn't know what to say. How would you interpret this and what would you say?

i could not tell you how to interpret this except it does sound like he has a crush on you. Do you like him at all like that or do you just want hold to your friendship? i have neve heard of a guy coming up to a girl and saying that right out of the blue. Thats kinda weird in my book. I hope this helps a little bit please reply!

Katie

Oh, it wasn't out of the blue..we've had conversations about a lot of different things over the past few months. It took me off guard because I didn't expect it. We talk about a lot of things and I think we're kinda close in some ways. I just didn't know how to repsond to him. I guess I should be flattered.

I've never been in your position before, but you could have said something like "Oh that's very sweet of you but...", followed by something else that I can't think of right now.. which is probably what you want to know. You would probably want to explain it to him in the most enlightening way possible. Maybe something like "Hey there are plenty of girls out there waiting for you". I don't know.

My 2 cents here.

thats a good question. Because if you are flattered, and you are interested in him more than other guys then you are stepping tinto the right direction. However, you might be flattered yet you don't share the same type of feelings that he has? Could that be it as well?

If I were that guy I wouldn't say it like he did. Maybe I would ask you "so, are you currently seeing someone right now? or share a little bit about my lovelife (retelling a good or bad date that I went on) and ask you in a casual way how things are going with your lovelife. He was too forward.

xixi- Chill out a little bit. Just because somebody doesn't respond instantly doesn't mean that they don't know what they are talking about or doesn't want to repsond- she is probably offline.

Blue Wave- This is up to you now. If you like him romantically then you need to re-evaluate your current situation with your boyfriend. Being caught off guard I would probably have said the same thing you did. Unless you want to tell him that you want to be with him then I wouldn't bring up that subject again.

Xixi: I'm sorry I did not respond earlier. I did go offline for the night.

I think I'm just gonna chill for a bit as I know how he feels now. He knew I had a BF. I think playing it cool and letting it settle is ok. I just don't want anyone to get hurt emotionally. I'm not sure if that can happen.