Question to those who HAVE BEEN in Abusive Relationship??

Hi Everyone. It was nice of you all to comment, even though it was an older post. It actually came at a good time, as I've been having some issues lately getting over some things.

I'm doing MUCH better overall. It's SO NICE not being yelled at, told to shut up, etc... but the fact that I still think it had something to do with me still bothers me at times. I know it wasn't me who made him ignore me or verbally abuse me, because he even yelled at his mom numerous times. I don't care how difficult his mother was, he had no right to yell at her the way he did....

I have this notion that once I get close to a man, he will either cheat on me, or his true colors will show.

Now I know not all men are like my ex, but it's still in my head.

other than that, I'm doing so much better, living life freely, doing great in school, have an awesome job, and life after an abusive relationship is the greatest feeling.

Thank you again for your comments and concern. It means a lot. =)

Sweetie, don't go back to him. It will be the best thing you could do for yourself & it won't take too long to realize how much you've missed having your own, real life; From my heart, I'm telling you, it's Worth It!

I had the same type of boyfriend = extreme anger problem. I spent over a year living with him, then his anger started to get physical. I've finally left him a year& a half ago. I'm so thankful, life is good again.

I totally know how his manipulation can start to make you believe him, (never acknowleging how extreme his anger gets, or that he was at fault.) Once you're free from the emotional stress, you start to really see how much damage was being done.

Don't feel like you ever need his approval, like him calling you, etc.

My advice: Don't let him talk you down, Do Not think his anger is because of you, Ignore his calls.

You have strength. I'll pray for you.

SweetSarah

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm trying right now to get out. I am seprate from him now as in him not controling that I'm home where he isn't allowed (my apartment) I do miss him I guess, I try and throw all the stuff away..u know.

I do know that we don't deserve harm from them. Keep your head up you sounds like you're getting there. smiles to you.

EDIT

Posts: 932 Old threads come to life, I started to read it and then realised what year it was haha..

If you love someone just tell them, because you never know when you may see them again. Don't give up on something you have just because you have never had it

OK i went through the same stuff exactly ! oh my god as if i am hearing my story.. dont know what to tell u and u wont believe it i love him more than before ! and i always feel guilty i wanna get him back though he did to me more than that aloooooooooooooooot