Here it goes...

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me several days ago because he's focused on becoming a police officer. The thing is, he doesn't leave the military for another two years, and it was weird that he would break up with me so suddenly. He says that he "can't focus on his job while being involved in a relationship," and that he feels that it wouldn't work out in the long run. We both don't know that. I personally feel that this is a total cop-out on wanting to really involved with me. I know it's going to take a while in order for me to move on, but what's bothering me is that he won't fully explain himself and it seems that he doesn't want to talk to me. I really care about him, and I want to move on with my life.

Move on Girl? Wipe your eyes, go outside and take a look at all the opportunity you have.

If you want closure, he will be the only one to give that to you. If he chooses not to, you must just move on.

I was in your situation once, almost identical....with time, you will feel better. My gut would tell me he just doesnt want the relationship anymore at all and used a stupid, but viable excuse.

If that is the case, there is a much better man waiting for you in the wing....just open your eyes and wipe your tears and you will find him.

My heart goes out to you..

I know exactly what your going through, my boyfriend broke up with me cause he was focusing on his career..but i thought..if he really loved me..we would work through it, right? Wrong, i guess he couldn't handle the stress of everything and let me go....yeah, i am upset, but i looked back am i am glad he let me go, i couldn't wait for him to realize that he wants me....we both really loved each other and still apart of each other lives....i am trying to move on w/o him but its really hard..and too make matters worse, i just found out he is going to be a daddy...just after 5months of our breakup..he is with another girl and she is pregnant already. So i look back and wonder if it was just me.....he didn't have time for me, but he has time for this other girl?? I just don't get it. I am hurting but i know i have to move on..look towards the future......its for the better.....

Yeah, I hear you. We spoke to each other today "via E-mail," and it appeared to me that I was a big distraction, and he gets upset at me. He says that he's not going to allow my feelings to get to him. It obviously did, since he returned my E-mail. I apologize if I rant too much but I'm trying to get over him.