What kind of skin do you have? Is it pinkish? Do you freckle? Is it thick or thin?

If you're pinkish, freckle and have thinner skin (Irish, Scottish, German or English heritage), I would be very careful with tanning.

I DONT have freckles, I guess I would say its thick skin, but I am not really sure how to tell... I am deffinitly really white... I dont think its pinkish but after being at the salon today for 8 minutes it is.

My mom comes from Austria and my dad comes from England...

I am sorry I am so clueless about stuff...

I am going again tomorrow for 8 minutes ( i didnt go today )

We will see what happenes...

I only went for 8 minutes yesterday but last night when I scratched my skin it actually burnt, but i am still competely white with no signs of burn

We got this Banana Boat after sun moisturizer.. my mom ius out in the sun alot so she wanted it too.

I was looking at fake tan lotions today at Walmart.. I actually rubbed some on my arm...nothing has happened yet.

And yeah, I will try one of them when my sessions are up.. I have never done this before and have always been bright white, and its so embarrassing wearing skirts and shorts with legs whiter then brand new white socks... I am just kinda excited to do something nice for myself.. but my no means is it worth getting skin cancer and wrinkling earlier... Hopefully 9 sessions doesnt affect me like that.

When I aasked the girl at the salon when I should come back she said same time tomorrow... no way was I going to go back the next day. My friends sister is all obsessed with tanning salons, I was taking to her today and she has gone 300minutes already and hasnt been doing it for long

Does anyone think that the darking lotions they sell you at tanning salons basically just dye your skin?

I have been 5 times now, and only used lotion the last 3 times.

I saw on The Shopping Bags (canadian tv show) that these lotions dont do anything except dye your skin.

My first time using the lotion I felt disgusting the rest of the day, and the lotion smells great in the bottle but smells funny on me so I decided to shower from now on when I get home to get this stuff off me.

I looked awesome in my white bra and underwear before my shower. I felt like today I really noticed a change. After my shower I put on another white bra and underwear and I look the same as when I left to go to the tanning salon...

ok.. I just talked to my friends sister who is in this craze about tanning too.. she told me I shouldnt shower the stuff off.. it makes you darker if you leave it on for 24 hours.. I dont want to dye my skin... I bought a pretty cheap bottle so I dont feel so bad about it... hers was $100

I cant leave the lotion on because it makes me feel so sticky and gross and it gets a weird smell when I get out of the tanning bed... When I get out of the shower I lather on my St Ives lotion...

OMG I want to CRY!!!!!!!

It took like 8 hours for me to see this...

I dont know if I said above, but I have gone to the salon for 8min twice, 10min twice and today was my first time at 12minutes.

The girl at the tanning salon wrote down 12min and I signed for it and she set me up... I put my lotion all over me and got in... just before I pressed start I noticed she had set it for 15min instead... I thought of getting dressed and telling her but I was like GRRRRR!!! cause I was all ready and in the bed.... so I was like screw it, it will be ok...

My bf comes over and he is looking at me and we notice that my back is scorched... not the sides of my back, just hte centre.. I am a bit overweight so I guess not everything gets light on it...

I just went to the washroom so I decided to take a better look at my back... its scorched all the way up to my neck... Now I was worried that my back wasnt getting done.. when I was younger I had acne only on my back so I wanted it tanned so the scars wouldnt show... so thats ok.. at least the entire upper back is scorched.. should turn into a great tan...

Then.... I decided I would look at my bum... YUP!!!!!!!!!! SCORCHED!!!

and like I said.. I am a bit overweight so my entire bum doesnt get light so it looks ridiculous!!!

My front seems ok.. like my stomach has a little patch of red but not really...

I was doing so well......NO TAN LINES... so much for that...

My bf just says "well you knew 15min was bad, you shoudl have just gotten dressed and told her"... I just wanted to get it done and go home... and I figured if i was doing 12, what would 15 hurt...