didnt know where to put this but what she said...

well basically we was talkin on msn and i copied and pasted a joke about men as i knew she'd like it. and i asked her what one did she think described me. she said i wasn't the best looking guy but i wasnt ugly(not what im asking about). she said im a gd friend im nice. and now to get to the point of what i wanted to ask about. she said i lacked confidence. but more specifically the confidence to make eye contact. what do you think that might mean?

this is the joke.

Men, summed up:

The nice men are ugly.

The handsome men are not nice.

The handsome and nice men are gay.

The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.

The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money.

The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.

The handsome men without money are after our money.

The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual, don't think we are beautiful enough.

The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money, are cowards.

The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!

The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

NOW ... WHO IN THE HELL UNDERSTANDS MEN?

The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!

The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

lol now i know this isn't the point of the post, but i agree with that completely.

There are some ways to gain confidence, and look your best.

I have a feeling that she is just telling you that she wants a friendship and nothing more.

You should ignore her for a few days and see if she gets the idea.

You can appear aloof, without making yourself seem shy. Look at how really good looking people behave, like they are waiting at a bus stop...sometimes the bus is for them, sometimes it isn't.

Knowing the right bus is out there and that you will find it when it comes, builds confidence and helps you gain some experience.