Girl is afraid to go out with people.

There is this girl who I absolutley know likes me (she told me herself) but she wont go out with me (or any other guy for that matter). I asked her friend and she said that she was afraid of getting her feelings hurt. She thinks that guys just want her for her body and they will just break up with her after a week. So how do I show her that I dont just want her body and that I really do like her as a person???

Complmenting on her personality is a start. Like for example you love how she's ditsy (lol, a guy wouldn't really say that or like that but that's why it's an example). So yeah, and then you get the "Thanks" and the blushing/flattered look. But don't over do the compliments, she'll see right through you and know where your going.

Comment on things she likes. See if she likes anything your interested in and then go with that. If you show her that you like things she likes, then she'll know it's not just for her body. As Laura Ashley said, just take things slow and don't force her into anything. Good luck!